Help! Obscure song from the '90's!

Glennsgirl

Reaction score
Ok... So I remenber this song from the '90's, somewhere around 1993-97 approximately. Top 40-type radio station. Not a mellow song - more catchy, upbeat guitar type music. Didn't seem to get a lot of airplay for very long. I don't remember the song title and I can't remember the band's name, but it MAY have had the word "blue" in it, but it wasn't Deep Blue Something. The lyrics I can remember are the chorus:

"I want a house with a big old driveway, I want a pool(?) and a limousine..."

It was a guy singing about trying to please his very materialistic girlfriend. I have been looking for this for a VERY long time, with no luck. I can hear it playing in my head, but my stupid brain refuses to give me any help! If anybody has a clue I'd love to hear from you!

For some reason, your description makes me think of Short Skirt Long Jacket by Cake but the chorus doesn't say anything about a house with a big driveway. :p

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@May 24 2008, 10:19 PM
For some reason, your description makes me think of Short Skirt Long Jacket by Cake but the chorus doesn't say anything about a house with a big driveway. :p
That's the exact same thing I thought of as well!

:lol:

Originally posted by Glennsgirl@May 24 2008, 09:02 PM
Not even remotely close.
According to your description that song is pretty close. Your welcome for the help eliminating a possible song choice.

EIFFEL 65 LYRICS

"Blue (Da Ba De)"

Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue like him inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him and hisself
And everybody around
Cos he ain't got nobody to listen to

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
Blue are the people here that walk around,
Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
Blue are the words I say and what I think.
Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
Blue are the people here that walk around,
Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
Blue are the words I say and what I think.
Blue are the feelings that live inside me.

Inside and outside blue his house
With the blue little window and a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him and hisself
And everybody around cause he aint got
Nobody to listen to

I'm blue (if I was green I would die)

Thanks for the help so far. It's not "One Day", and it's not "Short Skirt Long Jacket" (a song I LOVE, by the way!). It is most definitely NOT "Blue" by Eiffel 65! This song was guitars and drums type music, not the electronic keyboard synthy sound of "Blue", and the lyrics don't match. Again, this song had only limited airplay, which is why it's been so damn hard to find. When "Blue" came out, it was everywhere! You couldn't get away from it! I know the lyrics to that one by heart, even though I don't want to. Sorry farbeyond! I really do appreciate the help, but it just isn't even close.

Debonair by Dope kinda fits except its not a guy singing to his GF. Its just a guy singing about not needing materialistic crap.

Re: Help! Obscure song from the '90's!

I want to bump this and add some things.

My girlfriend has been searching for this song too and now she's got me on the hunt.

What she remembers is this :

The lyrics she remembers are :

I want a house with old driveway. How bout a pool and limousine. And being with you kind of like having success, except for the good parts.

Shut up! Please don't talk. I think that I need something new. I want something expensive. Pull out your pocketbook and buy it for me.

She remembers hearing it on the Detroit rock station 96.9fm around the time that Rancid's "Time Bomb" was popular (which was 1995).

She thought it might be called "Pocketbook" but no artist matches when we put that title into allmusic.com

PLEASE help, it's driving us nuts.

Re: Help! Obscure song from the '90's!

I figured it out!

With the help of Amy B.

The song is called "The Good Life" by Rat Bat Blue. They were signed by Atlantic but I'm not sure they ever put anything out. A video of a live performance can be found on YouTube.

Court.

Back