The Blues Brothers

Jaldredge

Reaction score
What's the name of the instrumental tune playing in the elevator at the end of The Blues Brothers. You've heard it a thousand times and it's been in a ton of movies and TV shows and commercials but it's so easily forgetable. It's the ultimate "elevator music." It's also the melody that Andy Griffith plays in a really old made-for-TV movie called Murder in Texas. Anyone know this?

It's an instrumental version of "The Girl From Ipanema" (also used in the film when they are driving through the mall).

Ever see the movie, The Blues Brothers? and the part where it shows their car, 74' Dodge, pull off the highway into the mall parking lot with the Pink Cadillac with the band members behind, Jake and Elwood talk to the guys and tell them to grab a bite to eat, while Jake and Elwood go use the phone, while their in the phone, Jake's ex-girlfriend is on a rampage, and trys to blow the both of them up, but fails. The song I'am looking for started right when the scene started, and they were pulling into the lot, its a Blues genre song, and I'd really love to find out what it is, no lyrics I can remember, you'd have to see the movie to tell me. thanks

What is the song, when they are in the theatre and its like, Hidy Hidy Hidy Hi and so on...?

There's a scene in the Blues Brothers where John Lee Hooker plays 'Boom Boom' on the streets of Chicago. This performance was recorded live on the street and wasn't the 'studio' version. Does anybody know if there's a copy of this version available?

Back