McDonald's Iced Coffee "Coffee Cam"

mattt1986

Reaction score
Looking for the song used in a McDonalds Iced Coffee commercial. It is kind of a 50's jazzy song, it's pretty campy. Features a piano and has a kind of "samba" rhythm. Sounds like they put some drum machines behind it for a more modern sound. I have heard this song in other places before as well, but never on a national commercial.

i think it must have been made especially for mcdonalds because it has that budubupaduh at the end but it sounds a lot like kate nash or someone trying to sound like her, she is on a lot of commercials these days.

To me, this song sounds like Kate Nash, or someone trying to sound like her, but i think it was made for McDonalds because it has the signature "budabububa" in it....

Yep, heard it tonight and stopped in my tracks. "Who's that singing?". I really like that Brazilian Samba style music. Here's a link to a bit of the story behind the commercial and the commercial itself... http://blog.gourmet-coffee-zone.com/2008/0...vy-advertising/

The vocals and music strike me as something from Bebel Gilberto or something. But as mentioned above, there is that annoying "Bah Dah Ba Buhp Bah!" at the end suggesting that the song was made for the commercial.

The song was written by D'Arcy McGuire (iTunes artist SolaZul). The vocalist is SolaZul's own Irene Torres. It was custom made for McDonalds and Produced by The Lodge NYC. And who is Kate Nash? She must sound lovely:)

The song for the ad was created by D'arcy Mcguire of ZolaSul. Vocalist is Irene Torres.

ok so what is the commercial name really when you hear the woman cheering saying "Go, Go Katie, Go Go Go Katie Yeah..."?

Originally posted by yglass@May 1 2008, 03:46 PM
This song is really popping. Is it available for a mp3 download?
I sent an email to Darcy MacGuire asking her about this but did not get a response. Again, because of the "Ba Da Ba Ba Bao" at the end, it seems unlikely. I would love it if she emailed me back telling me that there was a full-length version of it, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I got an email back from D'Arcy McGuire who told me that she is getting a lot of good feedback about this song. It was written specifically for the commercial but she contacted Irene Torres (the vocalist) about making a full-length track and it's going to be in the works eventually. For anyone interested, I would suggest checking out her site (in one of the above posts) to keep track of it.

She most likely won't be able to release the track without McDonald's permission. I talked to a producer from California who provided a track for an Acura commercial. He, too, received a lot of good feedback about the track and wanted to produce a full-length version, but he legally unable to do so. He ended up sending me what he had produced, which was basically a clip. Maybe, if you ask nicely, she will do the same for you....

What is the song of the McDonald's coffee commercial? - not the dj casper one. It's all over the tv.

Does anyone know the artist and name of the song used in this McDonald's commercial. It focuses on a cup of coffee being carried out of the restaurant. Thanks!

Educingone

Back