Quilted Northern commercial

Reaction score
Aired during Dancing with the Stars (I'm embarrassed to admit I watched) on 4/29. Looking for the song used – Billie Holiday-esque female singer – 'So very fine' was the refrain.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I have a call in to Quilted Northern. They were forwarding it to their ad department. Will keep you posted.

I've been trying to find out as well, and while I have no postive answer, I am CERTAIN that it is a song by Madeliene Peyroux, one of my favorites.

I joined this forum just so I could tell you that! :rolleyes:

I just called them again. This time they said it was a song written specifically for the commercial but they are waiting to hear back about the artist.

I also believe this is Madeleine Peyroux. I have several of her Cds and though I have never heard this particular song before, I'm almost certain it is she. I hope this helps

The spot aired again last night - and listening more closely this time, it obviously was written for the spot, as the lyrics drop out during the voice-overs, and it ends just as the logo rolls up at the end.

And while Madeleine Peyroux would be a logical guess, she is famously reclusive, and eschews commercial uses of her compositions (she had Dockers pull 'Don't wait too long' from their San Francisco spot). I would guess someone impersonating Madeleine impersonating Billie Holiday.

Be interesting to hear what Sloopie is able to glean from their advertising department. Appreciate your keeping us posted.

If this artist has any work out, I would also like to know, I fell in love with the song the 1st time I heard it, and excitedly await anyones findings on this!!!!

Very nice that someone found it!! None of the music I heard at CD Baby (a great company, by the way) sounded anywhere NEAR as good as the Peyroux/Holiday inspired track on the commercial.
Good to know, though....anyhoo! Thanks!

Hey y'all,

I just saw a commercial with a lovely song attached. Sounded old (Billy Holliday, perhaps...?).
Does anyone have any idea who this is and what the true title of the song is (if there is one)?
I tried guessing (based on the lyrics), but unfortunately it was a no-go. WAAAH!

Cool tune! I want to do this one! Help!

TIA,
Lily

Back