Just Jordan

farbeyond

Sandman
Reaction score
Hi. this past weekend I was watching a few minutes of TV in my hotel room and heard a song during a show that I liked. The show was on cable and did not tell the name of the show so there was no way for me to find out the title or the network. The show/episode had a Black kid dress up and try and be gangsta with his chinese friend to impress the girls. I think he had the nick name J-dog and the chinese kids nick name was Casper. The black kid has a date with a girl and they meet at the carnival. The black kids mom works in a restaurant with her father the kids grandfather; and grounds her son for acting gangsta and getting in trouble doing something trying to impress girls. The chinese or white kids father is a cop and is angry at his son for doing the same thing. The rap song plays when the kids are walking down the street with a strut trying to be cool. I remember the lyrics "time to act like a man". The beat kind of reminded me of Fat Joe's - "Lean Back". Thanks in advance for helping with this vague information.

The show is Just Jordan and here's a link to the episode:

Fools in the Hood

Maybe someone else has the answer, but personally I'm thinking the song was created specifically for the show.

Thank you that is the show and episode. I'm still looking for info on the song.

Back