TNT The Closer

kanhje

Reaction score
I don't know the lyrics. I heard the song on the TV show (life as we know it) first, then on the commercial for the movie Closer. It's a female singer, I don't know the lyrics; it sounds kind of like FrouFrou. Does anyone know it?

umm i dunno much of tha lyrics either..its sumthin like:
come on closer...((blah blah blah blah))
look up tha lyrics on google

i looked on the abc website under the music for life as we know it and they had a frou frou song listed i dunno if it's the one you're looking for it's called "breathe in".

hope this helps

actually i just looked at it again and i think i found the song you're looking for you can still go to the website i posted to listen to a clip under episode one but the song you want is "come on closer" by jem

hopefully it's one of those two anyway

You can read about the music used in the ads for the movie CLOSER in this Weblog entry.

There's a guy who sings, "What's your secret/Why don't you tell it to me." The main actress is kyra sedgwick, if that helps -- the show is called "The Closer" it's on TNT. Thanks!

Thats a tough one, I did a lyrics search and I came up with nothing. :(

Anybody know the name of the song used on TNT for the new season of The Closer? I'm pretty sure it's sung by Stevie Ray Vaughn (at least it sounds a lot like it) but I'm not sure what it's called. Thanks!

Originally posted by Milosoco@Apr 20 2007, 09:43 PM
It's called "Ain't No Sunshine" by Al Green.
"Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers

Get it at Amazon.

"Ain't No Sunshine" is a song by Bill Withers from his 1971 album Just As I Am. It is 280th on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. It was used in the hit film Notting Hill.

The song has been covered by many artists including Al Green, Buddy Guy, Van Morrison, Tom Jones, Cat Stevens, Justin Timberlake & Robyn Troup, Ziggy Marley, Lighthouse Family, Horace Andy, Maroon 5, Ben Harper, Sting, Lenny Kravitz, Eva Cassidy, Al Jarreau, D'Angelo, Michael Jackson, Will Young, Hanson and Woven Hand. The song has also been covered by punk rock cover band Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

There are also several songs sharing the same name and many lyrics from the hook but aren't true covers, such as by Akon, Cuban Link and DMX. The last in particular is more "inspired by" than a true cover like the artist renditions listed in the above paragraph.

;)

Does anyone know the song that TNT is playing while it is promoting the new season of The Closer?

I've seen this commercial a couple of times on TNT while watching the playoffs - it's their new promo for new season of The Closer.

Basically (to help you better identify the commercial), Kyra Sedgwick is going about her day and hearing confessions from various people.... she's in a bakery and the guy at the counter tells her that the bagels (or something) are a week old, then she's outside sitting on a bench when a rather stout black man, eating a slice of pizza, tells her that his wife thinks he's on a diet, then some guy dressed to play golf (and holding golf clubs), tells her while she's walking down the road that he called in sick.

The commercial ends with Kyra and a pastor/reverend/religious figure in an elevator, where she says, "I can't handle any more confessions today." The religious figure then remarks, "Tell me about it."

Does anyone know what the song playing in the background of this promo is?

Back