Adult Swim Bollywood song

Lifant

Reaction score
a while back there was a hindi/bollywood song used during a bump between shows on adult swim. It wasn't a dancing meatwad bump, but a info slide bump. Late sunday nights, before ATHF or Home movies (can't remember). It starts slow then gets very melodic and joyful. They used another Hindi peice that was more hectic. This one was very relaxing late at night.

Thank you so much- you certainly made a great effort!
unfortunately none of those are the one I'm looking for. :(
This peice was used about 2 years ago - it was a very smooth relaxing song played over (perhaps) the evening line up card on sundays nights.
thanks for trying

It was a female singer - possibley Asha Bhosle or Alka Yagnik -very joyful soothing voice. I've tryed to find it at Adult Swim site-but it's very difficult to find info there...maybe someone has hints for navigating that site?

In the Williams Street Culture folder there are two floated Official music threads, volume III is locked, you want part III 1/2 . But I'm the one you'll end up finding over there anyway B) is there anything else you might remember about the bump? I was really betting on the second one I listed :p There was one by Lata Mangeshkar, but I think it's the more hectic one you mentioned. :unsure: *gah* I gotta look it up...
Here it is...
"Didi tera dewar deewana" from the 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun' soundtrack?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L72TN12/?tag=adtunes-20

OH I just remembered this one, unfortunately we don't know what it is <_<

I've been mulling this over all afternoon :huh: You're saying it was used regularly, possibly over a schedule lineup? Perhaps there wasn't enough of it in the third bump I posted but all I can think of is Mandeer. :unsure:
Try going to Firstcom.com and type 'Mandeer' in the quick search. When it comes up click on the 'DETAILS' button and then listen to the 'Submix'. Unfortunately this is a library track and not available to the public for purchase or download. But at least they let us listen to it :ph34r:

If that's really not it, get back to me and I'll start a brainstorming session at the ASMB.

OMG! You just so amazingly helpful! It wasn't "Didi tera dewar deewana"-although it could have been Lata Mangeshkar. I've been going through her stuff on itunes and haven't found it there..yet. I'm getting quite a lesson in Indian pop and bolliwood music. :rolleyes: One more thing I do remember, it was out about the time "perfect hair forever" came out. I don't know if that helps any. I really hate to trouble you - you've already made such a great effort!Mucha gracias and salam

No trouble, this is what I do :wacko: No one knows why, but it is :)
Anyway, the ASMB is going down for maintenance today so I won't be able to pool my thinkers until later so I'm going to pull out some recordings from back then. In the meantime, yes ANYTHING you can remember will help. The Perfect Hair suggestion was good, it was short and it'll help me pin down the time frame. You never know what's going to stir someone's memory so I'll be taking everything you've said so far over there with me. :ph34r:

*gah* I gotta look it up...
Here it is...
"Didi tera dewar deewana" from the 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun' soundtrack?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L72TN12/?tag=adtunes-20

dunno if this answers op's original request...
but omfg i have been looking for this tune for almost a decade ever since seeing that meatwad flipphone wallpaper with the bright yellow background on tv as a kid

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Back