The Italian Job

nikkostarr5

Reaction score
The song appears in Italian Job, and possibly the trailer....What is that song!!!!! Grrrr! It says the lyrics "What comes around, goes around" over and over. It's not on the soundtrack as far as I know. I listened to samples on amazon.com. Anyone know?? :blink:

great song and i loved the movie. i watched it again the other night -- makes me want a mini cooper so bad!

I just saw a Budweiser commercial with that song too. And yes, Mini Coopers are awesome! We own one and are thinking about getting a second one. Too bad they don't come filled with gold ;)

hey all since we are on the subject what is the title of the title of the song featured when left ear an charlie go to visit Skinny Pete? Kinda hip hoppy video game sounding?

remy

I've seen on the official motion picture soundtrack, but i can't find this song.
It's played several times during the movie. It's got a heavy beat. The lyrics starts with "what comes around, goes around..." and is repeated. One time it's played is when "Napster" (Seth Green) comes on his new motorbike, which he can't drive.

theres this song thats been played a few times in this movie. im not sure if its the theme. has this classical tune. i think i remember it being played after the gang steals the gold. and i remember the song being played right when stella punches steve near the end of the movie.

Uhh going out on a limb here, i've only seen the movie twice and this might be the song. Its the Italian Job opening theme by John Powell

What are the instruments played in that song ?

But i think you are looking for either track # 5 "Mourning John"

or

Track# 10 "Bitter suite"
Both on The Italian job Score by John powell

You can listen samples to all tracks there

Originally posted by vintage_dork@Sep 5 2004, 12:02 PM
theres this song thats been played a few times in this movie. im not sure if its the theme. has this classical tune. i think i remember it being played after the gang steals the gold. and i remember the song being played right when stella punches steve near the end of the movie.
It's been a while since I saw the movie, but I'm 99% certain that the song being played when Stella punches Steve near the end of the movie is called 'Golden'. It's the last track on the soundtrack - number 15 and lasts for 4.05 minutes. However, the theme that I think you are after doesn't appear in this tune until 2.42 minutes. It has a strong bass line, and the melody is driven by violins, which probably gives a little credence to your description of it being a "classical tune".

There is a variation of this theme on track number 12 called 'The New Plan'. It's run-time is 5.02 minutes, and you hear the tune in the movie when the gang is setting up everything before Steve follows his trucks.

The tune heard when the gang steals the gold? Well the gang actually steal the gold twice in the movie. If you mean when they first steal it at the beginning when they are underwater, then the track you're after is number 4 called 'Boat Chase'. In correlation to the film and when they actually swim away with the gold, then it doesn't kick in until 3.21 minutes of the overall tune, which is 4.46 minutes long in total.

At the end when the truck falls through the ground, and they begin to load the gold, I actually can't remember the music being played during that scene. So sorry. But I hope I've been of some help atleast.

Originally posted by xsystus@Sep 10 2004, 11:43 PM
Arre get the full score na :D .. its awesome imo
I agree, it really is an awesome score. There aren't too many instrumental albums that I can stomach listening to from beginning to end, but The Italian Job score has so few weak tunes, it should be an essential purchase for any movie music fan. But then, with the word "download" becoming synonymous with music, sometimes I feel as if I'm the only person who actually BUYS movie scores anymore.

Anyway, vintage_dork, I've just checked the movie, and the 2 tracks you are after are indeed called 'Golden' (when Stella punches Steve), and 'The New Plan' (awesome tune) which uses the same melody.

hehe :)

I too purchase scores (i have very few scores though, but i purchase what i like :) )

Btw my fav 3 ( + 1 bonus ^^ ) tracks from italian job are :

boat chase
the new plan
tunnel run (awesome track, also used in 'National treasure' trailer)
golden

:)

Originally posted by xsystus@Sep 11 2004, 07:52 AM
Btw my fav 3 tracks from italian job are :

boat chase
the new plan
tunnel run (awesome track, also used in 'National treasure' trailer)
golden

:)
But that's 4 tracks, you said 3...
Get rid of one, quick, before Michelle sees... :D

Anyway, my top 3 Italian Job tracks in order of preference...

1. The New Plan (Brilliant... awesome beat, great melodies).
2. Boat Chase (Love the last 2 'kicking' minutes).
3. Venice Gold Heist (Effortlessly smooth).

I'm loving John Powell at the moment. Have you heard '20 Items', the second track on the Paycheck score? It has one of the baddest beats, and some wonderful string arrangements that are layered perfectly over each other.

Originally posted by CJ.@Sep 12 2004, 03:16 AM
lol sorry for mistake but let it be bonus :D

By the way indeed the paycheck score is too good , powell is very talented.

I love his bourne indentity score aswell (still hv to get supremacy)

But if u want more bad beats listen his score to 'Evolution' :D

Originally posted by CJ.@Sep 12 2004, 04:16 AM
what is that supposed to mean? <_<

Originally posted by michelle+Sep 12 2004, 08:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (michelle @ Sep 12 2004, 08:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-CJ.@Sep 12 2004, 04:16 AM
what is that supposed to mean? <_<[/b][/quote]
;) Only teasing, honestly.
I love you really, Michelle... :wub:

hey guys and gals- i have been looking for this song since the dvd came out. I want the song that plays when you open the dvd and the dvd menu appears. its also the opening credits song. I NEED this thing. ive been looking on imdb and all over the internet. PLEASE help me figure out what this is and how i can get it.

Just buy the original motion picture soundtrack. The song you're after is the first tune on the CD called 'Opening Titles'.

Back