I would love some suggestions

bambi

Reaction score
Does anyone know any novelty songs that just make you smile, or anything like what's on the Juno soundtrack?

thanks for answers

-bambi

Check out Noah and the Whale. Especially "5 Years Time". Also, try Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. I recommend "Is This Love" by them. And if you like the Juno soundtrack, have you ever listened to the Garden State one? I know they're not exactly alike, but they're both two of my favorite soundtracks so if you like one, there's a chance you'll like the other. :D

Try the duet, The Bird and the Bee. Their stuff is very quirky and different.
Of course, there's Feist. :]

Tally Hall is slightly more alternative than indie, but their songs are cute and different. Try their song "Good Day". They remind me of Queen, but their music is good.

I'm trying to remember my other indie artists on my iTunes; I'm on another computer.

Imogen Heap is always good. She has a very original sound.

I'm deeply and madly in love with The Hush Sound. I don't know if their sound is really what you may be looking for, but it's still indie and their music is amazinggg. Listen to their songs "That's Where We Went Wrong", "The Market", and "We Intertwined".

Yellow Submarine by The Beatles...I find myself humming that song every once in a great while.

Click a year at THIS link. Songs range from the funny to the bizarre but the good Dr knows all when it comes to novelty.

Edit - (Samples)

My personal favorites

Fish Heads disc 2 track 10

Dead Puppies disc 1 track 18

Witch Doctor disc 1 track 15

Poisoning Pigeons In The Park disc 2 track 11

They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha disc 2 track 18

but I'm strange :p ;)

Fitz! My mom always tells me that when I was really little (like 3 or 4) my favorite song was "Fish Heads" and I used to sing it all the time. Hehe. Love it! :lol:

heh heh

Ask a fish head
Anything you want to,
They won't answer,
They can't talk!

:p

Back