New Amsterdam

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the song is that is playing in the New Amsterdam trailer for fox. It sounds kind of Rockish??
Thanks

song at the end:

"Your Heart is an Empty Room" by Death Cab for Cutie (Amazon)

hahaha your good, planning ahead i see, smart one... and im glad you did cuse i was about to ask the artist, couldnt remember.. THANKS :)

Hi,
Does anyone know the song that plays in the very beginning where Amsterdamn is in the subway waiting for the trains while he's looking for "the one"???????

"Island: Come and See" from "The Crane Wife" by "The Decemberists"

-or-

"Your Heart Is an Empty Room" from "Plans" by "Death Cab for Cutie"

:ph34r:

sorry, but that doesn't sound like the song.
It's from the 2nd episode and all I can remember is that it had a good beat and a guy sang.
Episode 2 "Golden Boy"

Episode 2? Did I miss that? 'Cause we just watched the first episode Monday. I thought there wasn't another one 'til next week!

It was on last night. It may be repeated next week??

I can't remember the song you're talking about though...grr...I liked it too.

It was only on in Canada last night. It's on tonight on Fox following 'American Idol'. The third ep is on Monday (in it's regular time slot).

The song was "One Night On Earth" by The Veils. The ep also featured Lena Horne's "Haunted Town" and a version of "Nature Boy" at the end.

I was wondering if anyone knows who the composer of the New Amsterdam score may be?

Woo! I just made it home in time to catch the second episode. I hate when they do that. Just show the damn show at the same time every week! Grrrr. <_<

New Amsterdam show-The last song played on the piano was Nature Boy.
One night about sixty years ago, a young man rode his bicycle up to the back door of a theater in Los Angeles hoping to meet popular vocalist Nat King Cole. The man was turned away, but left behind an unaddressed envelope for Cole containing the following song:

There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far, over land and sea
A little shy and sad of eye, but very wise was he.

And then one day, a magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings, this he said to me: The greatest thing you'll ever learn, Is just to love and be loved in return.

Cole saw the beauty in the song and began playing it live. Through word of mouth, the song "Nature Boy" quickly became popular with his live audiences. Cole realized that he had to record the mysterious man's song, but he had no way of identifying its unkown author. After an extensive search, he discovered Eden Ahbez, living as a homeless "yogi" under one of the “L's” in the "HOLLYWOOD" sign. Thus began the hippie movement.

After making his mark with Nature Boy in 1948, Ahbez went on to compose material for artists like Frankie Laine and Sam Cooke. In the 1960's, he hung out with Brian Wilson and Donovon (with whom he reportedly had a "near-telepathic" conversation). Ahbez even made his own album called Eden's Island. In 1995, Eden Ahbez was killed in a car accident at the age of 87. (Read more about Ahbez here and here).

Episode 3: "Soldier's Heart"

Song towards the end of the episode:
"Someday the Wind" by Fauxliage (Amazon)

Originally posted by Boo_108@Mar 6 2008, 10:09 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know the song that plays in the very beginning where Amsterdamn is in the subway waiting for the trains while he's looking for "the one"???????
That was definitely One Night on Earth by the Veils...

Still can't figure out how you saw that episode days before the rest of us... :blink:

Originally posted by jennsomniac@Mar 13 2008, 10:45 PM
Still can't figure out how you saw that episode days before the rest of us... :blink:

It was only one day early. Alberta got the episode on Wednesday since the station that shows it (Global) had hours of election coverage on Thursday night.

Hi!

Does anyone know the song that plays in the very beginning while John is talking about all the changes he's seen through the years? The song mostly plays while he's making a desk for Omar. It's a guy singing.....some of the lyrics...."hidden in the sun, laughing currents, lay your boat? sorry, kind of hard to hear what they guy is singing.

Back