Virginia tourism "Virginia Is for Lovers"

TeamPenske

Reaction score
Does anyone know thw song that is played in the "Meet Virginia" commerical? The commercial is advertisement for Virginia Tourism, that showed different places in Virginia. The commercial was shown from '03 to '04.

The song:

- No, its not "Meet Virginia" by Train

- Its a female singing

- The song is soft, not loud.

- Lyrics:

Sweet, Sweet, I need Sweet .... La la la la

I was wondering who sang the remake of John Denver's song "Country Roads" on a TV commercial, it around 2003 or 2004. All I remember is beautiful scenery and a beautiful remake of the song, sounded modern but soft easy listening. I would love to have that version, but can't find anything about it online, checked google but found nothing.

Thanks!

I have been looking for this too... for a while! The ad still plays. Its an ad for West Virginia tourism or something like that. Very cool remake of the song!

If it was a female lead singer, it may have been performed by Hermes House Band. Two other possibilities are Josh Zuckerman and The Joyners.

I e-mailed a man in the office of tourism/advertising for the state of West Virginia. He said the song in the ad was only recorded in 30sec and 60sec segments for the commercial. He did give me the name of the band though... Howlin Maggie, and the singer... Happy Chichester. They have a website... www.howlinmaggie.net. Maybe some of their other music is good too!

hey, folks.
does anyone know the song/male vocalist who sings in the background during the new 2008 "virginia is for lovers" ad campaign?
thamks.
richie

i didn't actually catch the lyrics. i think it might have been "meet virginia" by train, but i'll have to wait until i catch the commercial again to be sure. thanks and i'll get back to ya.
richie

Virginia is for lovers

Does anyone know title and artist of the new "Virginia is for lovers" ad?
Thanks in advance

Re: Virginia is for lovers

Yes that's it, what is the title and artist? thanks in advance

Actually, I don't know it either. :( I was just checking to see if we were looking for the same song, and putting up the vid just in case someone recognised it. Been searching the lyrics but nothing's coming up.

I have been looking for a You Tube video or a recording of the old "Virginia is for Lovers" song that had lyrics like these:

Come with me by the ocean
Sail with me on the Chesapeake Bay
Let's Climb the Blue Ridge Mountaintops
Together Let's Steal Away

She said "Come with me to Virginia"
You iust might fall in love
Ooo Virginia is for Lovers
Virginia's for Lovers
Ooo Virginia is for Lovers
Virginia's for Lovers

If anyone knows of an artist or a link, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Em

Back