Verizon Wireless

pwolfdaddy

Reaction score
i am looking for the name and group who do the background music in new verizon ad the tune is near end of comercial and starts of with a cool tuba line and then other horns join in

Hi there...

That tuba player was me... I can tell you that much... a friend in nyc (the reed player) has been working on commercial music and asked me to lay down that track here in new orleans about 3 days before it started airing...

Thanks for saying the tuba line was "cool!"

Cheers...

-jon gross
freelance sousaphone/tuba
new orleans

Hi... Jon again...

I was originally trying to post this on chisham.com ....the TUBENET FORUMS... I registered there and have been waiting for several days for Sean Chisham to manually add me...

The reason I'm posting this right now is that a member of tubenet copied my above reply and put in on tubenet to answer the same question... I would love to be able to post there myself! If you know anyone over there... please help!

I think i'm hung up in the registration mode somehow... several discussions on there i'd like to be a part of.

Thanks in advance for your time!

-jon gross
freelance sousaphone/tuba
new orleans

Try "What You Need" by Galatic off the album "From the Corner to the Block"

Originally posted by RRRtist@Mar 13 2008, 08:40 PM
Try "What You Need" by Galatic off the album "From the Corner to the Block"
That's cool and all... I like Lyrics Born. But that song is not even CLOSE.

Try any of these New Orleans brass bands for that funky horn sound: Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Soul Rebels Brass Band, New Birth Brass Band, Hot 8 Brass Band, and for the more traditional brass: Treme Brass Band . Also Kirk Joseph's Backyard Groove.
Better yet, come to New Orleans for jazzfest and experience it all live at the fairgrounds! 11 stages of music! 2 weekends.
www.nojazzfest.com

Originally posted by funkkjunkie@Mar 31 2008, 06:07 PM
Try any of these New Orleans brass bands for that funky horn sound: Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Soul Rebels Brass Band, New Birth Brass Band, Hot 8 Brass Band, and for the more traditional brass: Treme Brass Band . Also Kirk Joseph's Backyard Groove.
Better yet, come to New Orleans for jazzfest and experience it all live at the fairgrounds! 11 stages of music! 2 weekends.
www.nojazzfest.com
Again. That's all well, and all... I am a big fan of a couple of those bands, especially the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.

But I want THIS SONG specifically. That's the general modus of the site.

Any luck on that front? From anyone?

LOL, you mean this song:

Its called Top Banana by John Powell

You can listen to it at www.extrememusic.com >> Directors Cuts >> Genre >> Comedy

Enjoy ^_^ Its not avail. for download though ;)

Re: verizon wireless

No. That's not it. At all.

The song I'm looking for is jaunty, with a heavy tuba hit. Like a marching band coming down the parade line in New Orleans.

I'll bet that the song you want is "It's All Over Now." It is on the Voodoo album by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. I'm sure it has also been recorded by other artists.

--Jeremy

Yep. that's it. The one with the black background and the funky looking orange face thing on it.

Cool beans! LastFM let's you play/add the full track to your playlist for free! Just in case, LastFM is not a file sharing and/or illegal download doohickey. Just sayin'.

Back