Army of Two

HairyBuddah

Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for a military video game Army of Two. The background song was a cover of the old song "One" (is the loneliest number). It was a very harsh metal/alternative cover. Anyone out there know who did it?

Thx

Hairy

OK, I've been tracking down One covers. It isn't Aimee Mann. It isn't Dokken.

The search goes on.

Hairy

i saw the tv spot too and wanted to know.... i know mastodon is a group but cant find the song yet..

you won't find the song...it's a 30 second sound byte for the commercial only.

Originally posted by doctormemory+Feb 26 2008, 11:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doctormemory @ Feb 26 2008, 11:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jkrmybrbr@Feb 26 2008, 09:15 AM
it's mastodon.
Is that the title or the singer?

:blink: [/b][/quote]
Mastodon is a band. www.mastodonrocks.com

Originally posted by jkrmybrbr@Feb 26 2008, 07:14 PM
you won't find the song...it's a 30 second sound byte for the commercial only.
Damn really
I really liked that clip too
Its a shame you cant find it

I was really hoping that you guys could find the song, and what proof do you have its mastodon, the guitar style is completely off not to mention the singers don't sound alike?

Originally posted by kfadler@Feb 27 2008, 10:05 PM
its mastodon EA released the vid on youtube, citing mastodon.

The Vid
yeah ur right i just saw it again then i looked at that vid posted by EA

Filter did a version of "One" for "The X-Files: The Album - Fight the Future."

It's a good cover that might help you get over not getting the version by Mastodon...

:p

Originally posted by jkrmybrbr@Feb 26 2008, 09:07 PM
what proof do i need? trust me, i know it's mastodon...take it or leave it.
Well that simply isn't good enough. If you're not going to provide proof that you are correct and just expect us to take the word of some guy on the internet then don't even bother.

Originally posted by hadrosaur+Mar 5 2008, 04:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hadrosaur @ Mar 5 2008, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jkrmybrbr@Feb 26 2008, 09:07 PM
Well that simply isn't good enough. If you're not going to provide proof that you are correct and just expect us to take the word of some guy on the internet then don't even bother. [/b][/quote]
whas i right?

Originally posted by hadrosaur+Mar 5 2008, 04:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hadrosaur @ Mar 5 2008, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jkrmybrbr@Feb 26 2008, 09:07 PM
Well that simply isn't good enough. If you're not going to provide proof that you are correct and just expect us to take the word of some guy on the internet then don't even bother. [/b][/quote]
Furthermore, I wouldn't be so liberal with the word "us" in your posts. I'm not so sure "they" want "you" representing their interests. You didn't ask the question in the first place...whoever did, didn't seem to have a problem with my answer. Also, how do you expect someone to honestly prove who did it. You wanna see signed contracts? Until EA decided to release the videos...it iwould all honestly have to be taken as hearsay....even if someone who works with Mastodon is the person releasing the information. I guess sometimes you just have to take someone's word for it, until more information is released to _sustantiate the answer. Or just kill yourself.

Wow, you guys need to chill the fuck out. All you have to do is type "Army of Two commercial" into Google and every site will tell you that the song is Mastodon. You people are all jumping down jkrmybrbr's throat for not being able to "prove" his answer and he's actually right! You guys just look like assholes now.

Back