2008 Chevy Malibu

OBimmerWan

Reaction score
There is this new Chevy Malibu commercial that features this designer sculpting what ends up being the body of the new Chevy Malibu all to the song, "I've Got You Under My Skin".

I just want to know who sings that version in that commercial. It's not Ella, Diana Krall, Dinah Washington, or anyone else that I've heard before. I hope any of you might know.

Thanks.

The artist is Melody Gardot. Unfortunately, her cover of "I've got you under my skin" is not on either of her two current releases.

It's possible she was contracted by Campbell-Ewald (Chevy's ad agency) to record that song, in which case they probably own the performance rights to it. Who knows.

PS: Getting this info was suprisingly difficult. While most car commercials advertise musical artists on their web-sites, Chevy's ad-agency was not willing to divulge this info due to talent licensing agreements. Fair enough.

Chevy Malibu with Melody Gardot

I've been looking to see the chevy malibu "I've got you under my skin" commercial again and I haven't turned up anything does anyone know where I can see it, I've looked all over youtube and I downloaded some music award show, because someone said it played there, but that guy ended up deleting the commercials so I'm out of luck. I know sending music is against the rules here, so does anyone know a legit place I can see this commercial?

Re: Chevy Malibu

I wish that my post didn't get moved, because now I'm not going to get any replies as it's been put into a dead thread thats 2 years old.

I read this online, just to confirm she is indeed the artist...

On Ms. Gardot’s website she tells the story of how she got the work on this ad, which she describes as “something cool and unusual”, but also ironic because “I don’t actually own a television or a car”. In comments on her website, fans pretty much beg her to release a full version of the song, but more than likely one does not exist—it’s a 30-second ad, and Gardot only sings those first 16 bars.

I can't find a copy of the commercial, but I know this company made the ad http://www.yessian.com/news/news.php

I wish that my post didn't get moved, because now I'm not going to get any replies as it's been put into a dead thread thats 2 years old.
Your post was moved to the appropriate thread so you'd actually get more views/replies/etc. ;)

Thanks zane, I already new all of that though as I've been looking for awhile. I appreciate the effort though, thank you.

Back