BluntForce

Reaction score
theres several trailers out there for this movie. and since i saw the first one months before the film came out, i've been hunting the artist of this 1 piece used in the trailer. or just the name of the track.

everyone lists tyler bates and nine inch nails. tho they are both contributing to the music on the trailer, there is a piece of music played from like 43 seconds to like 1 minute and 9 seconds of the trailer that is NEITHER, and thats what i've been hunting. before it, is strictly tyler bates musical score from the soundtrack. then

it starts as the little boy tells leonidus "they came from the blackness" and it comes in with like a marching theme/piano riff...as the persian horse messengers ride in, and plays up until leonidus kicks the messenger into the pit.

then its nine inch nails- just like you imagined

if anyone has the name of this band or this piece of music, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME KNOW

Brand X-Hearts of fire.

Ive heard it, it IS that track, but it cant find a high quality version anywhere. ANYWHERE.

Yeah it's on their Volume 9. A poster on another board who has access to lots of hard-to-find tracks says it hasn't been officially "released" so a high-quality version isn't available yet.

Still the low-quality version is great! It's about 3 and 1/2 minutes long and the song is excellent! Hopefully somebody gets a high-quality version soon.

Originally posted by Mejor@Jun 22 2007, 09:07 PM
it is NOT hearts of fire
yeah it is bro.

its off volume 9 (not yet released), i have a really bad quality verison but its definatly hearts of fire. id upload it but im not sure if i can here....

sorry, its not hearts of fire....i bet your life on it. i got it too, its the same song as "returns a king". that is the song that is at the BEGINNING of the trailer, but not the one we are looking for.

I found that soundtrack too, Mejor. Whoever made that tracklisting mistakenly named 'Hearts of Fire.' Think about it: why would two different artists record the same exact song and give it two different names? It was just a mistake by the person who released that version of the 300 score.

The real 'Hearts of Fire' is the one found in the trailer; the one that everyone is looking for. I have the same track Fender has and it's 3:30 long, poor quality but DEFINITELY the song we're all looking for.

I don't know if it's OK to post snippets of songs--not complete tracks. But if it is OK I'll upload part of the track so everyone knows that it is the right song.

post a snippet.... just to make sure we are all looking and listening to the same thing.....

ummm when they make trailers the film is not done, the sondtrack is not done til way after the movie. so it is possible that they changed the name of the song when they put it on the soundtrack. but whatever. post it.

Tyler Bates composed the score for 300. Brand X composed the music you guys are looking for. I understand that sometimes track titles are renamed but they aren't re-recorded by different artists and then renamed.

Trust me. I found the file (at the same place fender did) and it is the track featured in the trailer. It is not on the score, even if you find a link that supposedly includes the Brand X track. That is a mistake by whoever uploaded it.

The real track is by Brand X and it is called "Heart of Fire." I'm listening to it right now (although it's poor quality, it still rocks!).

sorry chief, i dont buy it. i have a crappy version of it too and its not the song we are looking for...

the song from the trailer used of t.v isnt any of the above the song you are talking about is from the orignal soundtrack cd, but not the one from the trailer although thye do sound simlar.

the song you guys want is Just like you imagined by Nine Inch Nails

look it up and you wont be diapointed

Kronuz, that NIN song is awesome but it's not the one we're talking about here. The piece we are looking for comes before the NIN song, where the kid is dying in Leonidas' arms and the horses are riding over the hill.

But you're right--Just Like You Imagined rocks!

sorry gang, seems i was wrong. the song is hearts of fire. have you heard the string quartet version of just like you imagined?

yeah it IS hearts of fire, in searching for it ive found numerous songs labeled hearts of fire when in reality they are actually just Returns a King by Tyler Bates on the soundtrack.

Me and LaRock have the same song. Hearts Of Fire, Brand X, off Volume 9. Terrible quality.

Its an awesome song though. The part used in the trailer is only a snippet and WOW does it get better.

Actually, i BOUGHT the movie's OST only because i hoped that this Theme from the trailer would be included...unfortunately it wasn't...

I'd buy every record to get that Theme, but -again unfortunately- according 2 the ppl here it hasn't even been released...

So, again, sry...didn't intend 2 break your rules!

Greetz

This is for the people looking for the dvd commercial music. the song is muse-assasin.

I'm looking for the song from the commercial. It sounds like classical music but modernized if that makes sense. There are no words and it almost sounds like Scottish music, I dont know, let me know if you can help. Also, do you know if it is it on the soundtrack to the movie?

There's one with a song by Muse I think the song might be Knights of Cydonia.

Back