Sex and the City Season 2

wingdboi

Reaction score
Think back to the end of the ...second season. Second season finale when Big gets engaged. The final scene with Carrie turning around in slow motion, there's a song that plays. Latin sort of vibe. I'm dying to find out the title and artist. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. :blink:

yeah, i remember the music...but they didn't start listing credits till like, the 4th season or so :angry: did you check anything by the gipsy kings as a start? sorry i'm not much help here.... :blink:

A friend of mine mentioned the Gypsy Kings too but has no idea which song it is. D'oh!

I'm looking for the song that plays at the end of the La Douleur Exquise episode ( S2, Ep 24). It's the scene where Carrie tells Big to go to Paris after he spends the night. The song is slightly classical with an old french( think l"e vie en rose") vibe to it.

I'm also looking for the song that was playing when Charlotte was about to have breakfast with her "gay-straight man" boyfriend and they were interrupted by a mouse. (evolution, S2, Ep 23). The song featured a woman singing vocals. It sounded like an old jazzy tune.

Both episodes aired this week on TBS. I checked the HBO site and there are no music credits for season 2. I know this is a long shot but I'm hoping someone out there can help. I sure would appreciate it very much.

i'm not sure about the first one; there's a possibility it could have been specifically composed for that episode...and as for the second song, i played back the episode and the jazzy tune didn't have a woman singing in it...? :confused:

Unfortunately I didn't tape either episode so I'm going on memory. The song for the Big & Carrie episode is the one I remember vividly.
For the previous episode (evolution) with Charlotte, the song was during the breakfast scene or it could have been right before when they were about to.... ;)
The vocals were very brief, the tune was mostly instrumental and had an old jazzy vibe. That's the most I could remember about it. I hope that helps. If you recognize any tune in the charlotte scenes, then that's a bonus.

hmm...i know for sure that they were playing a cher song ("believe") when charlotte was in bed w/ the gay straight guy...i'll have to watch it again. but i can say for sure that i don't know the french song :(

The jazzy tune definitely came after the scene where "believe" was in the background. Charlotte's pause upon hearing Cher was cause for grins. :D

The song played when Big leaves for Paris is by Gunnar Madsen. It's a waltz entitled Anna and can be found on his CD "Spinning World".

I have the CD and it's great. :)

Thank you! thank you! That's the song I was looking for and figured it was a long shot. Thanks again. Can you tell I'm grateful? :D

Hi,

I'm looking for the name of the song on one of the Sex and the City episodes, season #2...not sure but i think it was the epsiode entitled "the cheating curve"

Carrie and Mr. Big are talking at the end of the show and the song playing in the background has a jazzy, Billie Holliday sound. I caught some fragments of the lyrics:

Just you..just me...just us...just we..in my arms...messing up a lot...imagination

Anybody know this one?

thanks

Jack :unsure:

Mmm..that song is similar but it's not the one I heard on sex and the city . Thanks for the links though...

Jack

Didn't see the episode, but the lyrics sound similar to a Judy Garland song called, "Just You, Just Me" Maybe you are hearing "messing up a lot" as "tie a lover's knot"

lyrics:

JUST YOU, JUST ME

Just you, just me
Let's find a cozy spot to cuddle and coo
Just us, just we
I've missed an awful lot, my trouble is too

Oh gee, what are your charms for?
What are my arms for?
Use your imagination

Just you, just me
I'll tie a lover's knot 'round wonderful you
Just you and just me
Just us and just we

Oh gee, what are your charms for?
What are my arms for?
Use your imagination

Just you, just me
I'll tie a lover's knot
I'll tie a lover's knot 'round wonderful you

Thanks! Just you, just me is definitely the song being sung in the episode but the judy garland version is not the one that was played. having the song title is definitely a good start though. thanks again.

jack

Think the artist of the "jazzy" version in the Sex & the City epsiode is Katharine Whalen.

Last NIghts Episode Cock-a - doodle- do

the song at the end with the rooftop party betweeb the gang and the " ladies" was

Above the Clouds by AMBER.
just in case~~~~

Back