Toyota Sequoia

mdchkc

Reaction score
Did anyone see the new Toyota Sequoia Commercial with the large rubber balls rolling down a hill? It was on a couple of times during last night's premier of 'LOST'. There is a cover of 'Superman' by R.E.M. playing. I was wondering if anyone knew who sings it?

it sounds like it might be The Academy, but i'm not sure :unsure:

here's a video for their cover of Superman:

last.fm

Could be "The Academy Is" version or could be the original done in 1969 by "The Clique" - i'll have to see it again.

Originally posted by nsklavos@Feb 3 2008, 12:32 PM
Could be "The Academy Is" version or could be the original done in 1969 by "The Clique" - i'll have to see it again.
It's not the original by 'The Clique'.

And as far as the cover by 'The Academy Is', I need to see it again. It could be their cover, but I'm not 100% certain it is them. If it is them, the song has been edited or something.

i know the commercial but don't know the song :huh: but....anyone know where you can go to ride in one of those balls??? and feel like a hamster :lol: that looks like so much fun :p

I'm about 90% sure it's Plural's version from their 2005 album 'I Feel Beautiful.' You can check out a 30-second snippet of the song at guide.real.com by doing a search on the band name. I'll need to see the TV spot again to be completely sure. Anyone else familiar with the Plural version?

The balls are a company out of New Zenland called Zorb. They have a website and a retail site in the Smokies...have fun.

thanks fitz and car2n for the info ;) guess i'll have to go to the smokies...just looks like so much fun :lol:

Plural's Superman is as close as it comes...I can't be sure, but sounds like someone reproduced it. The tempo is different, and the blended vocals are different slightly. Now I have to go see the commercial again.

personally, i'm looking for the surfing one... where some surfers talk about how great it is to travel to these spots, with some action surfing shots. did i mention they surf?

the music is mainly guitar licks.

;)
thanks!

I thought I knew the answer, but I was wrong, so ignore this post.

Back