Nike "Be Legendary"

nichocam2

Reaction score
Anyone know the music to the Nike commercial that ends with the caption "Be Legendary"?

It features old footage of guys like Carmelo Anthony, Terrell Owens, and Michael Jordan and you hear MJs voice throughout the ad. The music is very inspiring.

I'm looking for this one too! Very inspirational music!

Ads like this are why Nike will always have their rivals in its rearview mirror.

It sounds like an alternative version of a Zero 7 song called "Red Dust"

Yeah, I think you're right.

Unfortunately, I can't find the version of "Red Dust" from the commercial on iTunes or anywhere else. It's possible, then, that Nike may have just gotten an unknown, in-house musician to play that piece and that it won't be made available to the public. Hopefully, that's not the case.

Yeah, we're not getting this song. I did some digging and found out the company that produced the music for the ad is Elias Arts. I emailed them asking if I could purchase this song anywhere and they replied saying this, "I have received your inquiry about the Nike "Shoes" music track. Thank you so much for your interest, however we composed the music and it is not
available for purchase. Thank you again for your interest"

Yeah. I got a similar email from Terri Hines of Jordan Brand.

Thank you for your interest in the Jordan Brand. The music that complements the Become Legendary commercial was composed specifically for the ad. Unfortunately, it cannot be found on iTunes.

For more information on Jordan Brand and its products, please visit www.Jumpman23.com.

Best regards,

Terri Hines

Jordan Brand

Bummer.

Well thanks for the efforts, guys. I am surprised at how much effort goes into a composition for a TV commercial. That song is worthy of its own single release.

Back