Miami Vice

Danie450

Reaction score
There was a song in miami vice that sounded like an audioslave song? does anyone know the title of it

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did find this site that mentions that Audioslave is featured in the film but they don't show up on the cd soundtrack. I do know that Audioslave's new single from their new yet to be released album is called "Original Fire", but i'm not sure if its that song that plays in the movie or other older songs or songs off their new album.

http://music.ign.com/articles/718/718926p1.html

does anyone know the name of the song and who it is by that is used during the boating scene in Miami Vice where its Colin Ferrel's character and the one girl

I have been looking for this song also. What I found out is that there are 2 tracks for Audioslave heard in Miami Vice. 'Shape of Things to Come' and 'Wide Awake' they are of off "Revelations" which will be in sold stores and online Sept 5th. Can't wait!

I found this track listing which includes some of the songs not on the official soundtrack. Again, too bad they couldn't get all the featured songs on the soundtrack, especially since the Jay-Z/Linkin Park song was so heavily featured in the promo's.

Miami Vice Soundtrack

01. Moby feat. Patti Labelle - One Of Those Mornings
02. Moby - Anthem
03. Audioslave - Shape Of Things To Come
04. Audioslave - Wide Awake
05. Mogwai - Auto Rock
06. Mogwai - We're Not Here
07. Nonpoint - In The Air Tonight
08. Indie.Arie - Ready For Love
09. Linkin Park & Jay-Z - Numb/Encore
10. Nina Simone - Sinner Man (Felix Da Housecat's Heavenly House Mix)
11. Freaky Chakra - Blacklight Fantasy
12. Goldfrapp - Strict Machine (We Are Glitter Goldfrapp Mix)
13. Manzanita Arranca
14. Blue Foundation - Sweep
15. Emilo Estefan - Pennies In My Pocket
16. King Britt & Sister Gertrude Morgan - New World In My View
17. Elliot Goldenthal - Fate Scrapes
18. John Murphy - P For Piano
19. James Newton Howard - Daniel

does anyone know the name of the song and who it is by that is played during the bar scene that sonny and isbella traveled to by boat where they had mojitos it is a spanish song.

first song in the opening club scene was numb/encore, second was Sinnerman, and then there was a third one is...... Thats what I'm looking for the third song in the club scene to open the movie.

heres the track list if that helps

00 - va - miami vice -
01 - nonpoint - in the air tonight
02 - moby feat patti labelle - one of these mornings
03 - mogwai - were no here
04 - nina simone - sinnerman (felix da housecats heavenly house mix)
05 - mogwai - auto rock
06 - manzanita - arranca
07 - india.arie - ready for love
08 - goldfrapp - strict machine
09 - emilio estefan - pennies in my pocket
10 - king britt - new world in my view
11 - blue foundationep
12 - moby - anthem
13 - freaky chakra - blacklight fantasy
14 - john murphy - mercado nuevo
15 - linkin park - numb/encore

Hey there again! :D I would be willing to bet it was the "Arranca" song by Manzanita. It has a salsa beat that fits the bill - when Gong Li gets Colin Farrell to dance, right? But I could be wrong since it's been a while since I saw the film. I was disappointed at the lack of music, so I was pretty disappointed in the whole film.

I have been trying to find the soundtrack for Miami Vice on the net but no such luck. Where did you find it?

I thought I heard a few tracks by Audioslave during the movie but there arent any on the soundtrack?

There were Audioslave tracks during the movie right? If so which ones? :huh:

The song is Pennies In My Pocket by Emilio Estefan. You can find it on the soundtrack at iTunes. Hope that helps! :)

You guys posted so long ago that you probably already have found the soundtrack by now, but... just in case you haven't, I got my copy off of iTunes. You can also get it on Amazon.

Back