Na Na Na Na (Female Singer '90s Hit?)

Winglets747

Reaction score
I overheard this song on a PA system. All I remember from the song was a female singer lightly singing "na na na na na na". That must have been part of the chorus because it made up a good portion of the song. I'm presuming it was a hit from the '90s because all of the other songs were from the '90s.

The beat, IIRC, was: Na Na-Na Na-Na-Na-Na-Na

Any idea?

Is it Kylie Minogue - "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"? Actually, I think she sings "la" instead of "na," so it probably isn't her. Also, the song came out in 2001, so it's not a '90s song either.

Re: Na Na Na Na (Female Singer '90s Hit?)

You may never get this message, but I signed up for this website just to tell you thanks- I have had this song stuck in my head for about 4 months now and could never figure it out. I checked Natalie Merchant on spotify and can't believe I never really listened to her music much since it's got that alanis/portishead/natalie imbruglia/fiona apple sound and I love them. Thanks for helping out someone 9 years in the future figure out which nanana was stuck in their head!

Re: Na Na Na Na (Female Singer '90s Hit?)

Like the last message, I also signed up for this website just to tell you thank you for your post. For a solid hour of sleuth google searches, I failed to find this one damn song until this thread. About 12 years after the original thread, it's still helping out.

When will the next person gets this song, ironically, stuck in their head, finds this thread, creates an account, and posts thanks? Are we still in the midst of a national pandemic? Or maybe it's a different one!

Back to the song: it's weird how many songs seem similar in their "na na na nananana" descriptions...

I overheard this song on a PA system. All I remember from the song was a female singer lightly singing "na na na na na na". That must have been part of the chorus because it made up a good portion of the song. I'm presuming it was a hit from the '90s because all of the other songs were from the '90s.

The beat, IIRC, was: Na Na-Na Na-Na-Na-Na-Na

Any idea?
Well, I think any of us could have started this thread.. when I found it, I knew it would lead to fruition due to how well worded your post was.. this thread has been a gift and it's been 15 years hahaha. Nice

Until next time, tuning out.
See ya on the flipside ;) 🎶 🎵

Reactions: jca
Is it Kylie Minogue - "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"? Actually, I think she sings "la" instead of "na," so it probably isn't her. Also, the song came out in 2001, so it's not a '90s song either.
2024 and you're still blesssing people with this song name. I didn't realize how many popular songs had "Na Na Nana..." in them until I tried finding this song. Took me forever until I found this thread.

Sixteen years later this form is still a great help! My science teacher was playing a 90's mix and I was curious as to what this song was. I've heard it before but I just couldn't remember the name of it. Thank you very much!

Back