TCM Remembers Turner Classic Movies

amiecv

Reaction score
Hi.

Is anyone familiar with the TCM commercial that aired at the end of 2005 that was a tribute to all of the actors that passed away that year? It was a great commercial It was a montage of the actor's in their best roles, juxtaposed with scenes of a motel. Very noir. The song was mellow, maybe a little bluesy. It was a very long commercial --a video, really. Does anyone know the name of that song? It was fantastic!

Thanks!

Does anyone know the song that's sung over the TCM tribute montage that shows all the film actors/actresses/directors/writers/producers that died this year? It's a quiet, thoughtful, and melancholy female performance, with such lyrics as:

"will welcome the weary person" "back home" "like an eagle"

Not entirely sure about the first one, but I think that's what was said.

Hope someone can help. :D

TCM shows a 4-5 minute long tribute to artists who have passed in 2007. The song accompanying the vignettes is sort of haunting, male voice, starts out sparse, but then becomes fuller.

That's all I have. Anyone heard this, and know what it is?

The piece of music was Walk Away by Ben Harper but covered by another artist (I think). I would like to find the version used in the piece on TCM Remembers if anyone knows?

Speth

This year's Remembers segment uses music by Badly Drawn Boy. The cut is Promises. Check it on iTunes, or visit the TCM web site and hunt up the description of the piece.

enjoy!

Back