Subway Gift Card

BrokenMonkey

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the some that's played in the new Subway commercial about giving their gift cards as holiday gifts? It's only a clarinet, and it sounds like something from the 30's or 40's, and I know I've heard it before but I don't know where. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

The background music for the Subway gift card commercial is a pretty obvious "unlicensed knockoff" of a song that I believe to be an older, well-known song.

So this is kind of a longshot, but what I'd like to know is, what is the name of the REAL song? I'm not really interested in the knockoff.

Thanks!

Well, it's hard for me to compete with all the profound and informative responses I've already received <_<, but the answer is "A Taste of Honey" by Herb Alpert.

If we are talking about the same ad for a Subway Gift Card, then it is not Taste of Honey by Herb Alpert.

This is the same tune that is featured in two ads other ads. No one has yet identified the music.

Its in the Roddick vs Pong American Express Commercial

It is in a recent Murine Earigate ad

I also want to know what this tune is. Whatever this tune is, it features a clarinet and harpsichord.

Yes, that is the same music. (If you didn't notice, I uploaded the Subway ad at the link above.) However, I did not actually say that that song is "A Taste of Honey" - I know it isn't.

What I said is that I think that song was intended as an unlicensed knockoff of "Honey." From listening to both songs, I still believe this is correct, although I could be wrong.

If you are looking for the exact song from the commercials, I admittedly don't have an answer for you, unfortunately.

Ah, I see. My bad. I stand corrected.

This song (used in two other commercials) is elusive and whoever comes up with the name of it will be a hero.

Originally posted by thesilversurfer@Jan 5 2008, 05:29 PM
[snip]

This is the same tune that is featured in two ads other ads. No one has yet identified the music.

Its in the Roddick vs Pong American Express Commercial

It is in a recent Murine Earigate ad

[snip]
I think I might have just heard it in a Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch commercial too.

:eek: :blink:

Re: Subway Gift Card commercial

Anyone ever figure this out? I still want to know what it is. Since then I've heard it in the background of an episode of the show "From G's to Gentlemen" (I think episode 8 of the most recent season, if anyone can find it. I couldn't, after watching it), and in another commercial. I also remember hearing it before the Subway commercial. I'd still really like to know what it is!

OMFG! I finally did it! At 3:00 A.M. Many years later! It is on the extreme music library. It is by composer Gert Wilden, It's called "Crafty Party". Years of Angst down the drain! Just go to extrememusic.com, and search for 'Crafty Party'. I knew it was library music!

OMFG! I finally did it! At 3:00 A.M. Many years later! It is on the extreme music library. It is by composer Gert Wilden, It's called "Crafty Party". Years of Angst down the drain! Just go to extrememusic.com, and search for 'Crafty Party'. I knew it was library music!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how happy this made me, finally knowing the name and artist of this song. How did you manage to finally uncover it?

..needs to be added to favorite commericial music of 2009... maybe even of all time...

ExtremeMusic.com was also the answer for the Mercedes-Benz Santa commercial. Heck, maybe in the future before asking here, members shouyld go putt aroun d the EM site samples. ;-)

Back