Cracker

TheMachine

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Hope all is well with allz of you! :)

I was very much hoping for you help...

I finally got around to watching the TV series CRACKER that I have heard soooo much about. I'm reffering to the English/original series with Robbie Coltrane in the title role. It's great!

The series makes use of lots of music, but doesn't do squat to tell you WHAT the music is! *ARRGH!*

Okay, near the end of the very first episode, there was a song I've just fallen in love with. I've tried all the first stage web-searches, and even inquired on the IMDB site. *No luck!*

"Help me Obie-knowin-tunes, you're my only hope!" :ph34r:

It's a female singer, with accompanying "girl group" backup vocals. The part with the lyrics I'm quoting is a showcase for the lead singer. She's singing slow and soulful. She's singing. "Don't be afraid....don't run away ....Be Strong...".

I think the there might be a "now" in there too, like "Don't be afraid now..." or "Don't run away now...".

In the lead-up, and maybe during the vocal solo, the back-ups are doing the doo-woppy thing where they say a word you can't make out (if it IS really a word) in rhythmic fashion...

This song is so good, and it is haunting me.

Please, please, please...if you know the song or group, or have a suggestion for a website to look or post at, I'd be so grateful if you'd let me know!

THANK YOU!

Thank You so much for your response, Honorable Logan01!

But alas, after looking into your tip I found it wasn't the Allure song you suggested. But I can see from the lyrics why you pointed me in that direction!

If it helps to know, the CRACKER episode came out in 1993.

Man I love that song, I hope someone knows and can help me out!

Back