Walk the Line

hanlay145

Advanced Member
Reaction score
song in the movie that june and john sing together, the chorus goes "ohhh times a wastin"

is that the name of the song??? that reese sings with pheonix??? let's goooo time's a wastin..... something like that... i need clarification though

song: time's a wastin'
artist(s): june carter & carl smith
:)

So I dunno a lot about Johnny cash, but I saw the movie walk the line, and he and June sang a duet that she apparently wrote with her husband, "times a Wastin" is that a real song? I know that sounds dumb, but it doesn't seem to be on any of her albums, can anyone point me in the right direction?

apparently other people were searching for this on amazon too, I guess the song is only available on the Carl Smith box set "satisfaction guaranteed" :)

This is not a song sung by Johnny Cash or June Carter. I know their music. This is a blues song that I have heard often in movies that depict Delta Blues.

I thought it was Robert Johnson, but I haven't been able to find the song by Johnson.

Walk the Line played it at the beginning when Cash was a boy listening to the radio, and then again about 3/4 through the movie. It is an older recording, sounds tinny, slide guitar, and humming throughout that also sounds tinny.

Anyone have any ideas?

At the end of the movie when he propose at the concert and she says "yes" and he picks her up, the music that comes on is acoustic guitar slow song. Is that on the soundtrack anywhere or does anyone know what that song is?

Back