Memoirs of a Geisha

Cosmo

Reaction score
Faannnttaasssttiiccc.

The music was pretty good in this one, all the way through. What do you expect from a film Spielberg Produces and Williams is Scoring.

The last song (climactic song) is one that sounds pretty familiar.

The climax song, sounds very much like the Dogville trailer score. Very much like.

Anyone know what song was in the Dogville trailer? Soundtrack.net have nothing.

Cosmo,

You may be right!

The track used in the Dogville trailer is by IMMEDIATE MUSIC and is entitled 'Between Two Worlds'.

There is a short edit of this track which is very similar to the one used at the end of the Memoirs of a Geisha trailer, although the latter is more fully orchestrated.

The track at the end of the MEMOIRS trailer is from James Newton Howard's score to RESTORATION.

Does anyone know the song in last part of the trailer. I think i have heard it before but not sure

Hullo ^_^

Have you tried these yet?:

Shigeru Umebayashi - House of Flying Daggers

James Newton Howard - Restoration

~ Mia ~

Does anyone know where I could find the song (legally). Dying to get it and its impossible to find, besides getting it through amazon.

Anything, a Hugh Grant fan site, anything!

Milan Records 35707-2

Milan Records 74321 35522-2

Try with these labels, these was the only releases.

Also the US trailer end music is from The Last Samurai.

what's the name of the song played, it sound traditional Japanese, played when the main character performs, she runs out on that catwalk thing. It happened right after we see her walk in with those enormous shoes.

Try music from "Yoshida Brothers 2" (YOSHIDA KYOUDAI). Because it really sounds like them. Really cool music, but I forgot the name of it.

Originally posted by Cosmo@Aug 25 2005, 03:50 PM
Faannnttaasssttiiccc.

The music was pretty good in this one, all the way through. What do you expect from a film Spielberg Produces and Williams is Scoring.

The last song (climactic song) is one that sounds pretty familiar.

I can't believe nobody got this!!!!

The climactic music at the end is: Hans Zimmer - The Last Samurai - 09 - Red Warrior from about 3:05 till the end (3:56).

I love that score. It's my mistress, secretary, and intern.

P.S. That's probably not the right piece, cause I didn't watch that link, cause I have 56k. I was basing off the US trailer... which I happened to see for the first time tonight. And I came on here to look for "Munich" trailer music.

That's my story. So I'm probably wrong about that piece. Don't hurt me... or The Last Samurai...

You are right about The Last Samurai score. I heard that, too. But I still think the music used in the catwalk scene is Track #5 Kodo by Yoshida Brothers from Yoshida Brothers 2.

The first song heard towards the beginning is defintiely from "House of Flying Daggers"

The high pithed noises heard immediately reminded me of the eerie sounds at the end of Kurosawa's masterpiece, "Ran" though I doubt they'd go that far back for trailer music.

Has anyone found out the title of the song at the end of the US trailer (available on the Apple.com website)? It's not Restoration, nor is it Red Warrior. It plays in the end when the geisha runs fast across the stage and continues for a few seconds (before another song kicks in), and it sounds like Japanese instruments were used. I am not quite convinced it's "Kodo." Thanks. :)

I believe that the song you are referring to (the one that plays at the last part of the trailer, with the planes flying) is the music from the end of Spectres in the Fog, by Hans Zimmer, from the Last Samurai soundtrack.

lalaland, you are correct, at first I thought it was from Red Warrior too, but after listening to Spectres, it's the same music.

Back