The Heartbreak Kid

tins02

Reaction score
Hey I just saw The Heartbreak Kid with Ben Stiller, and I was trying to find a song but didn't see it on the soundtrack...it's in the second half of the movie when him and his wife are in the hotel room together...kind of a slower slong, I remembered some lyrics too it "I say i want freedom but its a lie, out of the frying pan into the fire, throw it out the window"

hi there , i seek a song from the movie when eddie and lila get married

hi there tins is that the song you searching "Meatloaf -out of the frying pan" ?
look like the lyrics are almost the same
personnaly i dont remenber this song from the movie :rolleyes:

Im trying to find a song.... its where Ben Stiller is sitting on some steps at nighttime thinking about his marriage. and its a slow song, mainly piano and strings that goes "Throw it all out the window. Hear it crash on the street down below. Everything that we ever had. Wave it goodbye and watch it go. I say i want freedom but its a lie. Out of the frying-pan, into the fire."

i just made a new thread... but the full lyrics go...

"Throw it all out the window. Hear it crash on the street down below. Everything that we ever had. Wave it goodbye and watch it go. I say i want freedom but its a lie. Out of the frying-pan, into the fire."

ya i'm pretty sure it's not the meatloaf song...the song i'm thinking of is slower than that...strings and piano

I'm trying to find that song too! It's the one track that doesn't seem to be listed on the soundtrack, and it's one of the best songs in the film.

I'm pretty sure it's:

William (Billy) Goodrum - "Finished"

Billy Goodrum is the owner of Manonash Music based somewhere in North Carolina. I don't believe the song is available as it seems to have been made specifically for this film.

There was a song at the very beginning of The Heartbreak Kid, or I think after Ben Stiller attended his ex-fiance's wedding. In the song the guy was singing telling someone to come home, or something about coming home. Any ideas?

The song where Ben Stiller is sitting on the steps is definitely "Finished" by Billy Goodrum.
It's a cool song.... the lyrics go: Better look before you leap, a single man is incomplete, but a married man is finished......

It is available on his album "Weightless". You can get it at itunes or amazon or cdbaby.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003QBOUL0/?tag=adtunes-20

Back