JCPenney holiday

mercury2142

Reaction score
What song was played in that JCPenney commercial during tonight's Desperate Housewives? It was a Christmas like song sung by a woman-- the scene was a wintery street. It was the first time I have seen this commercial. Any direction would help.

i was searching for this song as well! and i found it...it's called All That I Want by The Weepies

Okay, so I am trying to find the latest JCPenny commercial music. It's outside and it has kids and toys and stuff like that. I saw it while watching Chuck.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else! So, if anyone is interested the song used in the JC Penny Christmas Ad for 2007 is "All That I Want" by The Weepies from the Happiness album.

Originally posted by bugirl25@Nov 11 2007, 10:50 PM
i was searching for this song as well! and i found it...it's called All That I Want by The Weepies
Nice to see a quality band like The Weepies getting some exposure from this commercial. If you like this track make sure to check out their "Say I Am You" album. Good stuff.

Hello.I went to see 'The Simpsons Movie' at my local movie house a few months ago & before the movie they had a few commercials.The one I'm looking for had really snappy,happy instrumental music KINDA bossa-nova.The commercial showed young couples partying in differant apartment or condos you could see them from the open windows.I THINK the commercial was for JC PENNY but I'm just not sure.Maybe a soft drink?

Anyways I REALLY want to find out who did the music it's been stuck in my head & it's driving me nuts PLEASE help!

Thank You. :)

OK.I'll try to describe the commercial better.I saw it in the spring on TV & before the Simpsons Movie at the movie house in early summer,so I'm guessing it's a big company.

The commercial shows various couples and people enjoying themselves as I recall they don't talk but I'm not 100% sure the camera pans from scene to scene in various dwellings (apatments & maybe condos) & the viewer can see the people laughing & one girl sees her B/F looking at another girl & she moves his head with her hand & kinda smiles.It seems the viewer is looking in on them tru windows.

The music as best as I recall is instrumental VERY lively,jazzy,loungey & kinda bossa-nova.

As I said I figure it MUST be a big company to have a spot before a big summer movie.I think maybe J C PENNY (not the"I say I and..." song as that one had words but a little similar in mood) or maybe one of the big soft drinks(?)

Anyways ANY info would be GREAT! Thanx in advance!

The JC Penny commercial song is from the song "All that I want" sung by a 2 person group named the Weepies. The girl singer is named Deb Talan and is self made folk type singer with excellent voice--another commercial being used in the "Old Navy" xmas ads is called "STAR"--both songs are excellent.
Good job by the Weepies--just saw a video on YouTube produced by the Weepies. I have already downloaded and paid for 6 songs, and I just got started.
Thanks again for a good feeling--someone else said it, and it sounds kind of corny, but I goosebumps everytime I listen to the songs.
Johnny
Cleveland, Ohio

Back