AT&T Blackberry Curve "Someone's out to get ya'"

TheMachine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Hope you're all doing well!

I saw a commercial Wednesday afternoon for the Blackberry Curve (Phone? I'm old...is that a phone? LOL!) and there was a song with a woman singing to a techno-ish beat, with the lyrics, "Someone's out to get ya' (cha?)".

I liked it!

If you could I.D. the group/singer I'd be oh so grateful! I tried to find it on my own, but no dice.

THANK YOU!

Umm... I'm think you are mistaken. ;)

Here are the lyrics to Brazillian Girls Song "JIQUE". I don't see the lyrics I qoted in there, unless they are translated into English from the other language used. But thanks anyway!

Tu sais pour toi j’ai une faiblesse
Si si, pour toi un-e faiblesse…
A chaque fois that we’re together
Penso: my heart goes purpur

You know ‘You’ve got that feeling’ – you’ve got that feeling
Ce qu’on appelle
That feeling –that feeling
Goes well with my nature
Mit meiner Natur

Jique – Jique – Jique
Jique çe soir

Sundays ok son
Sundays ok

You know : I really really like you – really really like you
I said : I really really like you - idem
Çe n’est pas de la paresse
Wenn ich mich ver-ges-se

You’ve got a nose and that feeling
Cio che si dice il:
Feeling
Ich sag:
T’es comme un parasite
Plus je gratte plus ça pique!

Sorry. My bad. I should have realized it was a different ad/song you were asking about.

:blush:

Nahhhhhhh. That really was kinda stupid on my part. :rolleyes: No worries. ;)

The ad is almost identical to the Jinque ad. This one is for the ATT Blackberry 8310 featuring GPS. The music starts with a solo guitar on distortion delay, and a young lady comes in with "This time I'm going to getcha"
The ad has been running in Jersey for a week now and I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help.

This ad has been running for over a week by now and it's not even featured on Youtube, it's a true mystery.
It's almost identical to the Jinque ad. This one is for the ATT Blackberry 8310 featuring GPS. The music starts with a solo guitar on distortion delay, and a young lady comes in with "This time I'm out to getcha"
HELP!

To: TimeMachine
I heard the commercial, too. I'm not sure who the performer is, but the voice and arrangement sounds like Siouxsie Sioux.

Mystery solved. I called BBDO the producer of the original Curve ad, and spoke to the Creative Director responsible. She was extraordinarily nice and more than happy to share her information. That's the good news.
The bad news is that it's music composed just for that spot by a commercial music house called "Human." C'est la vie.

Thank You for your efforts above and beyond, most noble Shooter242!

That's too bad about the spot being a "jingle". It seems like the number of those foolers is really going up!

THANKS AGAIN!

I think this was either a Verizon or an AT&T commercial. The song was dancey-ish with a sultry voice, a bit like the female vocals for the Noisettes. The only lyric I heard was 'This time I'm out to get ya.' here is a link to it on youtube:

please help me identify it! Thanks in advance!

Definately AT&T, and seconded. This is a pretty sweet tune, I'd like to get a copy.

OO I want it too.

the people from the you tube page say it a group called human

OO I want it too.

the people from the you tube page say it a group called human

It's not by an artist or group called Human. Shooter 242 got it right...it's by a production house called Human Worldwide. I tracked down the ad on their website http://www.humanworldwide.com/flash2007/?reelid=138. However, unfortunately for those wondering, there isn't any info whatsoever about who did the music since it was probably "in house."

hello.. im looking for the name of the singer for the commercial for a cell phone.. im not sure what the cell phone company is?? theres a woman singing something like "time is out to get you"
thanks so much!!

Back