Converse Wade

arcadeplus

Reaction score
Does anyone know the music/artist featured in the new WADE Converse commercial.
It basically a series of shots of Wade on an empty basketball court while the ambient-type music plays. toward the end he appears on a microphone and announces himself.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sounds like it could be either Brian Eno or Richard Bone. I have no idea yet, I'm still searching.

Oh, and also, the commercial is titled "From Robbins, Illinois." it's been on like a million times today on ESPN, I'm in love with the song.

That song is NOT Brian Eno's "An Ending (Ascent)." All over the web people keep saying that and it is not correct. I want to know the right answer, but folks need to stop posting the wrong answer.

Made some headway: I found the full credits for that ad. They are as follows:

Agency: Anomaly
Creative Director: Mike Byrne
Creative: Richard Mulder,
Jon Zast
Agency Head of Production: Andrew Loevenguth
Director: Samuel Bayer
Production Company: H.S.I.
Director of Photography: Samuel Bayer
Executive Producer: Kerstin Emhoff
Producer: Nina Huang,
Ann Haugen
Line Producer: Nina Huang
Editorial Company: Spotwelders
Editor: Dick Gordon
Editorial Producer: Amanda Slamin
Executive Producer (Editorial): Tommy Murov
VFX: Nice Shoes
Flame Artist: Rich Schreck
VFX Executive Producer: Pat Portella
Sound Design: Trinitie Studios
Sound Designer: Brian Emrich
Mix: AudioEngine
Mixer: Tommy Goldblatt
Music: Elias Arts
Composer: Jimmy Haun

Note that the music is by Elias Arts. They have a webpage which shows they are responsible for music primarily for movie scores, trailers, and advertising. It was started by Jonathan Elias.

Ultimately, I think this search may have come to an unfortunate end.
Feel free to prove me wrong, but don't tell me it's "An Ending (Ascent)."

I agree it's not the song from 28 Days Later. I believe the Elias Arts post makes the most sense. They do a ton of commercials with ambient music similar to this. Unfortunately, I don't believe any of it is released.

Well...everyone agrees that Brian Eno is awesome, so I guess I need to add this:

"An Ending (Ascent)" is from the Eno album "Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks." That album is the score Eno recorded for the marvelous documentary "For All Mankind" which chronicles the Apollo missions to the Moon. It's a wonderful film, and all of the music from this album is in it, along with a few pieces from different albums. Eno released the album as a work of his own...not as the official soundtrack to the film. The whole thing is beautiful, and Daniel Lanois offers some great guitar work as well along with Eno's brother, Roger.

Sales pitch complete.

I'm waiting to hear back from Jonathan Elias about this commercial. I'll update if I hear anything.

Elias also did the music for the Jordan XXI commercial a couple years ago. Dude is on point w/ those sports commercial scores.

Back