Joe Fresh clothing

scorp451

Reaction score
Do you know the song? Some of the words are, "Don't go looking for the same thing". And it's many panels of the same girl wearing different things. The logo looks like and orange oval with the word "Joe" (only saw it quickly, not sure).

It sounds like Feist, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Yeah that song is from Joe Fresh's line of clothing at Real Canadian Superstore. I have been searching for that song for days! It did sound like Feist but I couldn't find out if it was her. Other parts of the commercial had the lyrics "wanting to be mixed up with you". Does anyone know who sings this song????

Thanks! :D

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NEW SUPERSTORE JOE CLOTHING FOR KIDS COMMERCIAL...YOU CAN MIX AND MATCH ...ANYWAY THE SONG IS GREAT AND I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE..LOOKING FOR SOME HELP

CHEERS

Hi All,
Hope you can tell me if the song for the Joes clothes commercial (a woman dancing and changing outfits) is a real song, and if so what is it.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Gillian

The 30 second spot is an original composition & the 60 second spot is by the Kinks (Everybody's looking for a good time or something like that)

Originally posted by xoali527@Aug 31 2007, 06:33 PM
Still not sure where to download the song, but it's by Rhonda Stakich:

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/251765
Your link verifies:

In the group spot, the dancers perform Rooney's amiable updates of the frug and the jerk to the tune of the Kinks' "Everybody's Gonna Be Happy." The breakout of the Joe Fresh campaign, however, is the original tune from the other spot.

It was composed by Paul Pfisterer, Fraser MacDougall and Tim White from Imprint Music, who were so inspired by the job that they came up with a dozen songs when all they needed was one.

Sung by Toronto singer Rhonda Stakich, it's a once-you've-heard-it-you're-hooked sort of ditty. The child-like style of vocal is very Feist. The message, "I won't go looking for the same thing," very Mimran. And the little number has already proved so irresistible that a full-length version is in the works, to be made available for download at the Joe Fresh website.

Rhonda Stakich's mySpace page.

:ph34r:

Everybody's Gonna Be Happy" by The Kinks

Get it at Amazon.

Thanks for this info. I've seen this commercial a few times and was immediately impressed by a company who created a jingle that was catchy and wasn't a rip off of a old rock tune.

Can't wait for the full version! :)

Once I learned about the origin of the song, I wrote to the company and this is the reply I got from them today:

Thank you for contacting us concerning our Joe Fresh TV commercial. It was kind of you to take the time to email.

It's actually an original recording that was written and produced specifically for Joe Fresh. We are in the midst of finishing the song, and it will be hopefully available for a free download at joe.ca in a week's time.

Regards,

President's Choice Customer Relations

This is pretty exciting! I'm looking forward to the free download. LOL!

I'm not sure that I trust the "in a week's time" part, but it's definitely good news anyways.

Also, without this site, I would have never known what the song is.

I know I don't say it enough, but thanks to everyone for their help! :D

YAY THANKYOU SO MUCH, LOL I CAN NOW STOP MY SEARCH AS I HAVE LOOKED AND LOOKED FOR THAT SONG

cheers
amanda

I am definitely looking forward to the full song. If anyone notices it's up on the Joe site post in case the rest of us don't see it. :)

Hey, I just checked and the videos are now on the joe site www.joe.ca.
They have both tv spots and you can also download a free full length mp3 of the song Mixed up (the one that sounds like Feist).

Finally!

Hey all! I know that there was a lot of inquiring about the LAST Joe Fresh Clothing ad (Mixed Up, Rhonda Stakich); well, they have a *NEW* commercial!!! For their Winter line. It's just as good, and it sounds like Rhonda Stakich again, but, there's no info on the Joe website...Does anyone know what song it is, who sings it, and WHERE I CAN GET IT????

Thanks!
Nen

http://www.joe.ca/Video_en.aspx

Is this what you're talking about?

This website has a bunch of free tunes to download(one without subscribing, the rest with free subscription to news letters).

Sexy songs too. Me likey.

That's nice, you look like a Helen. Helen, we're both in sales. Let me tell you why I suck as a sales man. Let's say I go into a guy's office, let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jojo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. Now the pet is my possible sale. Hello there pretty little pet, I love you. And then I stoke it, and I pet it, and I massage it. Hehe I love it, I love my little naughty pet, you're naughty. And then I take my naughty pet and I go kkkkkcchchckkkkckcchhhchchkk! B)

No actually, that's the original song that I was talking about. I was looking for the song that they have in the NEW commercial, for the fall/winter line of clothes. It sounds like the same singer, but it's a different song. I want to know what the NEW one is. Anyone help me out with that?
Thanks
Nen

Hi,

I LOVE that song too - "Mixed Up" was catchy, but I can't get this one out of my head!

I was just visiting the site, because I wanted to download it too, and it looks like they're going to be posting it soon.

http://www.joe.ca/Video_en.aspx

Looks like the song is called "The Dream" - I can't wait to hear the full version and download it!

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long!

its a new song from the joes commercials and its a winter scene where everyone are dancing behind trees and there is this really pretty song in the background um it says"dont go looking for the same thing" anyways its been stuck in my head and i just want to know it so please help!

Yeah, read first post-we're talking about the NEW line for fall/winter-"Mixed Up" is already downloadable as per freshfan's post...TY Freshfan for the info!!! The new song I'm talking about, I'll repeat myself again...is for the fall/winter line, it's NOT the Mixed up "don't go looking for the same thing" commercial...that has already been answered. Again NOT the Mixed up commercial.
It's a new one. According to FRESHFAN (again TY VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO) it's called "THE DREAM"... Mystery solved!

Back