Desperate Housewives Season 3

Mimblewimble

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of the song playing in the background for the new Desperate Housewives commercial? It's french and is being sung by a woman and I've heard it before from either a broadway or a movie based on a broadway, please help!

i saw this promo commercial yesterday and now for the life of me cant think of what the song was....??? anyway it was a cover song and my question was who was doing it...sounded sorta like Marilyn Manson <_<

i just saw the promo again and the song is originally by Van Halen "Girl You Really Got Me" <_<

Actually, it was originally recorded in 1964 by The Kinks. Written by Ray Davies. I'm looking for the cover Sunflwrz is looking for, too. Any clues?

Its the preview for the new episode. the one where the blonde is asking the guy if he's a plumber and to check out her pipes :p or whatever. I want to know the song if anyone knows....thnx.
~Jenn

I'm working on this one also... just checking back to see if someone else was successful. ;)

are we still looking for this song>>>cuz its a cool version :lol:

I've heard of it being covered by both the Cure and Eve6, but I don't know if either of these is right, or even what year, as I can't find them yet.
Anyone get the chance to check that out, let me know- I'm looking too!

:rolleyes: I'm so good I scare myself sometimes....with an evening of looking all over the www.'s.... I found out who, but unfortunatly.... the song isn't available yet. The Kinks are doing it, it's a new remake.

IF anyone finds it offered online...PLEASE let us know... I did the "finger work" on this for a few weeks and would love to have it!

Just to let you know where I found this info.... it was on adage.com under Media Works

You said you found out "who". Can you give us a hint on who that is?

I looked on adage.com under media works, but didn't see anything. :(

Thanks!

and for the record, if you do a google search on the "remake of...." you will come up with the link to adage.com.
my last word on this...

B) ~~THANK YOU~~ TwzLstyx!! I would have never guessed the Kinks, cuz to me it sounds nothing like the "original" Kinks version...good job, you get a gold star for the day! :lol:

I know the adage article says that ABC used "the Kinks" for the promo, but after listening to the song about 100+ times I really, really don't think that the singer is a Kink. Any new thoughts?

Sorry for the length, just tryin' to be specific:

I saw this one during the ending minutes of the premiere of Grey's Anatomy a couple nights ago, . . .it's pretty jazzy, and big band sounding, fingers snapping, trumpets playing, sung by a group women, some lyrics are:

"Badadudup Babadadadadada!
Baby!
Don't you leave me at the coast
(something) coast, coast.
Kiss Me!
(something) coast to coast.
Yoooooooouuuuuu have set my soul on fire!
Only yoooooooouuuuuuu (somethingsomethingsomething)
Right Now!
(unintelligible lyrics)
Uuh Huuuuuuhhh! Uuh Huuuuuuhhh! Uuh Huuuuuuuuhhh!
Badadudup Babadadadadada!"

The commercial begins with shots of the Wives and then says, "In 3 Days, It's finally time, time for love, time to let loose, time for Desperate Housewives Season Premiere", . . .and ends with glamour shots of the wives walking in champagne colored evening gowns.

I reeeeeeeeally liked this song and hope someone can help, thanx! :)

I typed in the lyrics and found the ad on YouTube, all signs point that its "Right Now" by the PussyCat Dolls.

Can someone give the link to the adage site where the kinks are on it? i Cant find it .

Back