Cadillac CTS

mortega

Reaction score
This is the commercial where the guy in the car is driving a red Cadillac CTS and he talks about "the nail who's head sticks out is certain to get hammered... unless you're the hammer."

I've seen it during a lot of college and NFL football games.

I just now saw the Cadillac CTS commercial featuring the woman in a red CTS, so yes, the commercials have the same music in the background.

Anybody know the song?

The song is 'Stars' by Hum from their 1995 release You'd Prefer An Astronaut

Just saw a commercial for the 2008 CTS. It a woman talking about the features in the car and ends with her saying " When you turn your car on does it return the favor?" The background music goes louder, and I can't figure out the song. I think I've heard it before, just can't place it.

Silly me. Found this thread.

Turns out although its a different commercial, the song appears to be the same.

"Stars" by Hum

Thanks Doctormemory.

did anyone notice the woman in the commercial is Kate Walsh from Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice? I think she was perfect for the commercial

yeah I was wondering if there were any other similair guitar rifts to the one in that commercial. That is a really cool rift.

The song has no lyrics, just a heavy downbeat groove. Do you know the artist, and name of the tune?

It is a Smashing Pumpkins beat - can't remember the exact song.

Correction it is STARS by HUM. Sounds similar to a Pumpkins song to me.

I ran a search and nothing popped up so hopefully this isnt a re post anyway. Heres, what happens in the commercial

It is the cadillac CTS commercial and its a girl in a red car (kate walsh) and shes talkin about going to the boys club. Then pulls up along side two guys in a car and then takes off fast. During this there is a cool rock song playing no lyrics. Let me know if you guys know what it is.

thanks

well, i just you tubed it and found the answer if anyone else was wondering who its by a group called "Hum"song stars.

Originally posted by ephenj09@Feb 2 2008, 09:21 PM
well, i just you tubed it and found the answer if anyone else was wondering who its by a group called "Hum"song stars.
This one?

"Stars" by Hum

Get it at Amazon.

:unsure:

Back