Walmart

skern15

Reaction score
H, I was wondering the name of a song in the new walmart commercial. it follows a family around saving money...eevntually they get to go to the beach, enjoy other things, etc. it sounds a little bit like pearl jam. thanks for any help!!!

I JUST saw this commercial and googled to find out the same thing. I hope someone knows. I really just want verification that it ISNT Eddie. Which I have to assume since this would go against everything he stood for.

I know! I saw this commercial the other day and it really sounded like Vedder but I really can't imagine him/them letting some advertising people use his/their music (depending on if it was Pearl Jam or just Vedder).

This is a reply from yahoo answers that I had on the very same commercial, I was about to fall over.. I really thought it was Eddie too!

That is not Eddie Vedder. That is the amazing Jake Smith...a.k.a.....The White Buffalo.

enjoy his music and spread the word

Source(s):

The White Buffalo's proud mother told me

this is from thewhitebuffalo webboards.
Walmart Commercial Reply
I just saw a Walmart commercial that had a song on it that sounded EXACTLY like Jake. I had never heard the song before, but my wife and I looked at each other and our jaws dropped wide open. Were we mistaken???
9/12/2007 9:37:24 PM

anfonyy
TotalPost:62 RE:Walmart Commercial Reply
do you remember any of the lyrics?
-----------------------------------------------
"go ahead and laugh cause it dont cost much"
9/14/2007 11:03:41 AM

oldguy
TotalPost:1 RE:Walmart Commercial Reply
>I just saw a Walmart commercial that had a song on it that sounded EXACTLY like Jake. I had never heard the song before, but my wife and I looked at each other and our jaws dropped wide open. Were we mistaken???

You are correct. The new Walmart commercial is snippet from the Shelter video -- also from Dirt and Water.

9/14/2007 6:15:30 PM

chopsulo
TotalPost:2 RE:Walmart Commercial Reply
Congratulations Jake, on both the new addition to the family and now this commercial....what a great year it has been.

We are all very proud of you.
9/15/2007 9:48:13 PM

Page 1 of 1, Total 4

Originally posted by ashleyjnc@Sep 16 2007, 06:54 AM
[snip]That is the amazing Jake Smith...a.k.a.....The White Buffalo.[snip]
Is the song by "Jake Smith" or "White Buffalo"?

Does the song have a title?

Congrats, all the same.

B)

Come on folks .... Ed Vedder & Walmart? What were you thinking?

WalMart represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with Corporate America. And everything Vedder is against.

I can't help think that they used that 'sound alike' on purpose. If you ask 100 rock knowledgeable folks, 80+ will think that is Vedder.

Shame on Walmart... but what do you expect from ilk like them?

Friend of Ed.

the song from the commercial takes some parts from white buffalo's song "where dirt and water collide" but i beleive the title of this song is called "let the sun". hope this helps!

Thanks skern. The song "Where Dirt and Water Collide" includes the lyrics "let the sun..." and I find no song titled "Let the Sun". So the next obvious remark/question is perhaps the song is the first one, eh?
:huh:

Well if someone who has seen the Walmart commercial goes and takes a listen to "Where Dirt and Water Collide" by The White Buffalo at
iTunes(Amazon doesn't have a preview available), they could answer this question ;)

Can anyone tell me the name of the song in one of the newer WalMart commercials? The only lyrics I can remember from it are "Summer winds are blowing" I really love the way it sounds.. its sort of accoustic. Any help is appreciated.

Finally I figured out who it is! After a long time with nothing but fruitless searches, I found it. The song is called "Where dirt and water collide" by White Buffalo! Great song, check it out.

Back