The Heartbreak Kid

KTbaby

Reaction score
I searched this, and didn't find anything, so I apologize if this is a repeat. I'm looking for a song I heard in the trailer for the new movie with Ben Stiller called, "The Heartbreak Kid". The first part of the trailer features the song, "Give a Little Bit" (the original, artist name not coming to me) when Ben Stiller is falling in love and marries his wife, but then another song comes on when things go awry. I've been trying to catch some lyrics everytime I see it, and I can never make them out. If you see it, and know the song, I would appreciate the help, but I understand I'm not being super descriptive, so sorry! haha

Okay, I just saw the trailer again and the lyrics sounded something like, "Daddy's gone, Daddy's gone". Maybe that helps?? The song is upbeat. Thanks if anyone comes back with any help for me :)

From THE OFFICIAL TRAILER

The songs are:

Something instrumental (Don't know it)

Then:

"Give a Little Bit" by Supertramp

Get it at Amazon.

In the car she's singing:

"Wannabe" by The Spice Girls

Get it at Amazon.

"Conga" by Gloria Estefan

Get it at Amazon.

"Popcorn" by Hot Butter

Get it at Amazon.

Irish Jig Music (can't remember what or by who) ??

When it all starts to fall apart it's:

"Don’t Bring Me Down" by Electric Light Orchestra

Get it at Amazon.

If it's not ELO, it's a cover of "Don't Bring Me Down"

The trailer ends with

”Here It Goes Again" by OK Go

Get it at Amazon.

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, the trailer I'm speaking of is one I saw on TV. I've been watching MTV today, and it's been on constantly, but it's an abbreviated version. It features "Give a Little Bit" by Supertramp, and the song I'm looking for, and only the two. Although, I do like a lot of those songs, so it's good to know! :)

Hmm...I haven't seen or been able to find an abbreviated version of the trailer.

Was the singer a female or male or a mix?

If you can find the trailer, link it here - if I see it and know the song, I'll post it ;) B)

Yes! Follow the link in the post above mine, and it's TV Spot #1. Not the first song featured, I already know that one :) It's the second song used. If anyone knows it, I'd love you!

That sounded kinda Talking Heads or Oingo Boingo..ish to me. Probably not either one but it did remind me of both of them. Elfman maybe?????? :unsure:

Ok, I found it! Thanks for everyone's help, though! Just incase anyone else is looking for it...it's, "Gone Daddy Gone" by Gnarls Barkley

I was watching TV tonight and caught a new trailer for "The Heartbreak Kid". Does ANYONE know what the instrumental music playing in the very beginning is? I've literally been looking for it for years, and am really hoping someone can help. I know it doesn't play for very long, but I've uploaded a clip here:

[video=dailymotion;5060160]http://www.dailymotion.com/kriscarlson/video/5060160[/video]

I also have another clip of a different promo for a TBS show that used the same music that I posted awhile back.

If anyone can help me locate this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

I can't find a way to edit my last response and the second link isn't working, so here is a new one:

[video=dailymotion;5072722]http://www.dailymotion.com/kriscarlson/video/5072722[/video]

If anyone can watch to both clips and help at all in finding out what the instrumental music is, I would be so grateful. Like I said before, I've literally been searching for this piece for a couple of years now. Someone has to know what it is! Please help! Thanks!

There was another TV spot with a song not mentioned here. I heard the same song on the show "Rock of Love." Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I found the answer to my own question. It's called "Nothin' but a Good Time" by Poison.

Back