What is this song called?

I know I've heard this song too.

Sounds so freaking familiar.

I think I heard it in Transformers movie... probably not but reminds me of Transformers.

I know it's not from Transformers because I've got the Score and none of them sounds like it.

I think the orchestration is throwing us off. This is some pop/rock song. I can't figure it out though. I thought it might have been "I Walk Alone" by Green Day but nah. It's something like that though. Where did you get this clip? Is there anymore to the clip?

I have a feeling this is by the Vitamin String Quartet. They've remade so many different artists' music into a string version, I can't keep up. I've listened to a half dozen albums and I'm not finding anything yet. So if anyone wants to help... :)

When I first heard this though, I thought it sounded like something from The Cider House Rules.

I should not type without my contacts. <_<

This does sound like The Vitamin String Quartet; it has their sound.

But when I first heard this, it reminded me of something from Pirates. Now, I know it's not pirates, but Klaus Badelt or Hans Zimmer composed, possibly?

Edit: I can tell this was probably not a cover of a pop/rock song. It has a very distinct "soundtrack" feel to it.

This is waaayyy sounding somewhere in the Thomas Newman area to me.
I considered Rachel Portman but this really isn't much of her sound; she uses lighter instruments.

I am probably going to be blasted for this - but it sounds like an early 90's Disney movie to me....lol. Like Circa Beethoven or Kindergarten Cop (it is NOT Kindergarten cop - but it reminds me of that time frame) - Fat lot of help I am :)

Listening to this more and more, I can tell it probably isn't the Vitamin String Quartet. The songs of theirs I've heard don't use as many violins; which is leading me to believe that this is definately a soundtrack to something.

I still think pirates, but at the same time I see it as being something from "Little Women" as well (my thoughts as to Thomas Newman).

Hmm...Maybe "Oscar and Lucinda"?

I'm not sure; it's going to rack my brain, though.

It's GOTTA be Klaus Badelt. It just sounds too much like the music from Pirates to be anyone else. Problem is Klaus's stuff is more recent isn't it? This clip sounds like something from early or mid 90s. There's no way it's Thomas Newman I'm sure of that. Listen to the Time Machine soundtrack, it has some attributes that are similar to this clip...I'm confused.

I think it sounds like pirates to us because it has those short bursts of violins every now and then.
I checked out a bunch of Hans Zimmer's stuff on iTunes, and I didn't really find anything.

So...maybe it is Klaus? I dunno.

:D

Thanks for solving that. I've never seen Madagascar but I know I've heard that music before. I coulda swore it was some rock/pop song re-done with an orchestra. I was searching through emo songs on youtube. Then I switched to old 80's songs like Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays and Eurythmics etc..

Back