The Dukes Of Hazzard

cyberaap

Reaction score
Anyone know the song from the start of the Dukes of Hazzard Trailer? It plays during the car chase scenes. I know it's a classic cuz I've heard it many times, but I have no idea of the name or artist. Need some help. the trailer can be found here

The songs I recognize, in order:

"Lacrimosa" -- Immediate Music
"Black Betty" -- originally by Ram Jam, sample track 1. I think the version in the trailer might be the cover by Spiderbait, sample track 3.
"Good Ol' Boy" (theme song from the original show) -- Waylon Jennings did the original, but there's a remake being used (I've heard Willie Nelson did a cover, but I'm pretty sure that's not his version in the trailer).

Thanks for the help. I've been trying to find out what the heck that song from the trailer was....I knew it was Black Betty but I didn't know there was a remix.

Thanks for the help!!

At the begining of the trailer, it counts down--3-2-1--and as it does this really bombastic classical/choral music plays. Does anybody know what that music is?

Originally posted by frame3_13@Jun 17 2005, 12:41 AM
At the begining of the trailer, it counts down--3-2-1--and as it does this really bombastic classical/choral music plays. Does anybody know what that music is?
Yes, you're asking about the Immediate Music's track. It is not available for purchase or download -- it is done by a producation agency only for use in movies, ads, etc.

It sounds like an updated version of Ram Jam's "Black Betty". Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks in advance
Ted

Originally posted by IceCreamGuy@Jul 18 2005, 11:12 AM
It sounds like an updated version of Ram Jam's "Black Betty".
"Black Betty" is on the Dukes of Hazzard Soundtrack, so it might be the same version used in the trailer. (Hard to say without hearing a sample.)

Well it lists Ram Jam on the soundtrack and the trailer is absolutely a different version than that. I don't think Ram Jam ever used a Jews Harp. Might be a country cover in the trailer. I did just hear a cover of that song in a movie I rented recently just can't remember what movie. I might still have it so I'll look and see if I can't find out who that was. ;)

Okay the movie I saw was "Without A Paddle" and the cover was by Spiderbait. I returned it a while back so I can't confirm if it's the same but I don't think so. I also found references to covers by U2 and Tom Jones.
Anyway IMHO it is a Black Betty cover in the trailer but I just can't say who it is.

Well.... I bought the album for Black Betty awhile back.... It does sound very different...

My guess is, they just re-did that part by themselves and just used there "cleaner" and more "clearer" version of it... although I think the orignal would of worked better.

My guess is, you wont get ahold of this "song" you are looking for.

*edit* I guess I was wrong, that SpiderBait is the song in the Dukes of Hazzard trailer *edit*

Black Betty - SpiderBait

I post it on this new reply so admins can say "answered" on this topic...

Yes, the song Black Betty from the trailer is sung by Spiderbait, and is available on itunes.
The entire song is really awesome, and I recommend getting it...

Now, does anyone know who sings the updated version of "Good ol' Boys"? (and no, not Willie Nelson...)
Thanks!

Thanks everyone, the song was redone by Spiderbait and was the one I was in search of. Many Thanks
Ted

Back