Korean Air "Breathing the Blue"

jennerm5

Reaction score
Korean Air "Breathing the Blue"

Saw this REALLY cool ad on TV in Spain last week, and wondered if it was showing in the US. Then, saw it TONIGHT during CNBC "Big Idea" show.
It is an ad that begins w some models in a landscape of white, cool blue sky, at first u think its an ad for perfume, than champagne, then at the end it's really an ad for Korean Air... Very cool tune

Now, i suspect it's music made for the ad.. but maybe not... GREAT song!
anybody know?

It's a great tune, I hope someone comes up with a title. It "almost" reminds me of Massive Attack's style.

I AM VICTORIOUS!

Check it out: I loved this music so much I wrote customer service at Korean Air ... AND THEY WROTE BACK! Amazing. If this is any indication, I'll be flying KA from now on. In any case, I was so elated to have the answer to this riddle, I registered with AdTunes so I could put all of your minds at ease. Here is the email from customer service:

"Thank you for your email. We appreciate your taking the time to write to us, and are very pleased our new commercial appealed to you.

The music was composed by Robert Matt (CV attached), and the name of his composition is “Korean Air Color of Flight: Breathing the Blue”.

Again your interest in Korean Air is appreciated.

Doreen Sodetani, Manager
Customer Relations
North America"

Tell me, how cool is that?

I've been going nuts for this music too, and was glad to find this forum. I Googled for "Robert Matt composer" and found a site of interest.

It mentions that one band member named Robert Matt as composer for a Whoopi Goldberg project. Could this be the same guy? I haven't listened to 23rd Spirit's music yet (at work), but maybe this will provide a little more info for people interested.

I emailed Korean Air and said that I knew the artist's name but asked if they had any info on getting a full track (if there is one). I have not gotten a response yet. Web searches don't really reveal much. :angry:

Sorry for the delayed response. Korean Air gave me the personal contact information for Robert Matt in Berlin. He responded to me, and sent me a sixty-second version for personal use. According to him "Breathing the Blue" was only a commercial project, but he might be releasing it in the future. His website is under construction, but you can start checking it at: http://www.robertmatt.de

This ad disappeared for awhile but I just saw it again on CNN the other night. I was walking around the house and stopped in my tracks, then ran to the TV. Did anyone find out anything about this music? I know there was a site listed and I actually sent an email to that site without a response. Anything?!

I sent another email to Robert Matt asking if this track is (or will ever be) commercially available. No response...

Robert Matt is a songwriter and keyboardist who is teamed with Annie Hilsberg to form the group called Yulara. Beautiful music from these two.

Tis a shame this tune is still not available for all of us lowly plebians. :(

Thanks a lot Robert Matt! Thanks a lot Annie Hilsberg! :angry:

Anyhoo, if you like this song, then I'd definitely recommend Estheros - Superheroes. It's primo quality chill-out music. Most definitely. B)

Whenever...

Hi I am new to adtunes. WHENEVER the Korean Airlines ad "Breathing the Blue" comes out in a full length cut PLEASEEEEEE tell me..it is the sexiest piece I have heard in a long time...gotta' have it!:cool::cool:

Old cellphone commerical

This is old, i wanna say around 6-7 years old...but it starts out you see an asian woman, probably japanese or korean, i can't tell...she's very pretty, standing in the middle of the street in a city...she's on a cellphone and she looks up to the tall buildings and the screen fades away...there is a song playing in the background, it is in japanese or korean, it sounds very nice and soothing...ive been dying to see this commercial again..

im not asking for the song, i know it's tough, but i'd just like to see the commercial agian....anyone have a clue before i go and stab my brain with chopsticks?

Re: Old cellphone Commerical, please help, i'm about to go insane...

actually im not entirely sure it's a cellphone commercial, might be an airline commercial...aiyya, im useless, but im hoping one of you might know

its a woman from the group Luna Seeds you can go to their website and listen to it or google the commercial on youtube . The song is edited for the commercial but the full version is called Compassion. Hope its the one you are looking for.

Re: Old cellphone Commerical, please help, i'm about to go insane...

A few versions with the same music.

Korean Air TV Commercial 2010 - For life on a whole new scale (Global version)

Hi brrmd !

I also loved the TV ad music and was quite curious to find out if it was a made for ad music or hopefully just a clip from an existing song. That was a very cool response from KA ! I recall there was a TV commercial that featured the 'Dos Equis' ' Man Of The World' guy sitting on top of a skyscraper having a drink of some hi-test drink, don't recall what it was now but that had a great song to it also, wish I would have known of Adtunes when I was scouring for that one.. :) Thanks for your contribution to the group ! Enjoy !

Back