Advertising

Status

Default Grace Under Fire

Sponsored Links

Does anyone know who the themes song for Grace Under Fire is by?

These are the lyrics:

Can you see me walkin' down the street
    Beat box blares a click track to my empty mind.
    Now my walkma's playin' a slow and endless march
    And I'm looking for that bright spot in the sky.
    But in my eyes there's a perfect world.
    I can see it: A perfect world.

I found a link to a wav from the show of it, but I don't think I am aloud to post it.

Fukushima hybrid gopher givemfitz's Avatar
    Status

The series originally used "Lady Madonna" by The Beatles. The theme in question was written by Dennis C.Brown. There is a message thingy at the bottom of the page where you can ask questions but it was probably a studio job just for the show as the licensing on songs like "Lady Madonna" usually have a term limit. That's why the reruns always use the song by Brown.
    As I lay there gazing up at the billions of stars above my head in complete awe of creations beauty and vastness the most pressing question on my mind about the meaning of it all was, "Where in the hell is my roof?"

Status

Default Re: Grace Under Fire

The last season of "Grace Under Fire used a version of the song w/ lyrics as above, but sung by a female. It's a smokey voice that sounds sooo familiar to me, but for years I've been unable to place it. It almost sounds like Melissa Etheridge, but ... not. Does anyone know who recorded the final season's version of this theme song?

Status

Default Re: Grace Under Fire

Quote Originally Posted by dely View Post
    The last season of "Grace Under Fire used a version of the song w/ lyrics as above, but sung by a female. It's a smokey voice that sounds sooo familiar to me, but for years I've been unable to place it. It almost sounds like Melissa Etheridge, but ... not. Does anyone know who recorded the final season's version of this theme song?
    A female voice indeed. A smokey voice which leads my wife into believing the singer is a MAN and not a woman. Very tricky, yet uncredited as I see and hear it. However, the next time you listen to that particularly awesome theme song, picture Brett Butler - herself - with a microphone in her hand, belting out that song with all the soul of Grace Slick.
    It might be a stretch, but I believe if Bret Butler IS the singer, then that's exactly what she'd sound like. Oh-so familiar?