American Express

sbubbles84

Reaction score
The other night my family and I saw a credit card commercial on the sci-fi channel for a young dark-haired female singer in a rock group. Her music was playing in the background of the commercial. The commercial shows the singer buying a laptop, and then she drops it and the laptop breaks. She's not worried, though--the card will help her replace it. None of us caught her name. We liked what we heard of the music, but have no idea who she is or the title of song. I have looked on Amazon trying to find her. Does anyone know who she might be? My son thought he saw her identified as "(The artist's name that he didn't catch) and the Sea"--but not sure if he saw that correctly or not. Thanks!

I can help you out a little bit more ...

The ad was for American Express ... I'm thinking it's one of those "My Card" spots ...

The girl and group ...

Nicole Atkins & The Sea

Googled for ya ...

http://www.myspace.com/nicoleatkins

Enjoy!
There you go.

Do you happen to know what song it is that's playing in this commercial? I agree the artist is Nicole Atkins, I wrote the name down today when I saw it.

-Monica.

I'm really mad at this thread! :angry:

Using the search function for " AMEX " or " my life ", it didn't show up. Thus, it took me the better part of an hour to figure out the artist/title info via Google & YouTube. :(

Of course, this thread does show up in the search for " American Express " though. Figures... <_<

Anyhoo, it should show up for all three terms now.

BTW, is it me or does this chick sound like a clone of Leslie Feist, both in her music and her voice? :unsure: I like her music--kinda pop, kinda indy-esque.

One thing's for sure, Dave Matthews (or was it Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam?) has spawned, for better or for worse--I know not, a legion of copy-cats who sing from their back of their mouths and throats instead of the middle or front parts. :eek: Case in point? John Mayer.

Another one is Scoot Stapp of Creed, who due to his off-stage antics like Vanilla Ice, definitely needs to be killed. :rolleyes: John Mayer is cool tho'.

Lol, this reminds me of one of my favorite jokes by Jay Leno...

Set-Up: Once during a recent concert, Vanilla Ice was punched in the face and knocked out by an angry fan. The whole audience was FURIOUS! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Punch Line: They all wanted to punch him out too! :p

Back