Lobster Wars Discovery Channel

moviemusic123

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in this commercial. its pretty intense.

I am also actively searching for an answer on this commercial! It's like a heavy metal Irish dance song.....or something like that. Keep searching!~

This is not Shipping up to Boston by the Drop kick Murphy's.... Ido not know who said this but it is incorrect

Originally posted by Johndowboy@Aug 24 2007, 01:55 PM
This is not Shipping up to Boston by the Drop kick Murphy's.... Ido not know who said this but it is incorrect
You are correct. Its my cell phone ringer for one....I would know.

I found this company http://www.amygdalamusic.com/ click on featured artists and Andrew Kubiszewski should come up... click on the second little play button under his picture. He is the guy who composed the background music for lobster wars and deadliest catch i think... it seems like he could of also written the song in the commercial

im not too sure

I found a site where you can listen to it hah http://www.origprod.com/ when that screen starts showing deadliest catch, click the next button and it will show lobster wars and play the song we are all looking for

hey that link u put up was good but that's not what these people r looking for... but of cousre u knew that didn't u?
try to find the tune in the commercial. a downloadable version pls. thx... if u choose to reply

Originally posted by Redbirdfan+Aug 24 2007, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Redbirdfan @ Aug 24 2007, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Johndowboy@Aug 24 2007, 01:55 PM
You are correct. Its my cell phone ringer for one....I would know.[/b][/quote]
Nope you're wrong. :lol: It IS the same song! I just listened to the 30-second "Shipping up to Boston" itunes preview, and it sounds just like the song I just heard on the show opening. Even the link below that I found states that it's the same song.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/press_...st_of_time.html

So there you go... it is by Dropkick Murphys.

I see how you could think it is the same song.. it basically is a ripoff... If you listen closely to both the drums are different. and if you click on that "original production" link i posted you'll hear a guitar solo that is not in the dropkick murphy's song.. but yes it is the theme song for the show

ALSO if you listen even closer... the commercial song doesn't have a bagpipe like the drop kick murphy's its just banjo and fiddle/violin

Yeah, on that site that you linked to it sounds just like DM's song, with an electric guitar added in. Kind of the way the Deadliest Catch song on that site sounds like "Dead or Alive", but isn't. My guess is they tried to make the song sound different & appeal to more people... and they didn't want to use the lyrics so they could catch people's attention while watching the commercial. It worked on me! :)

Well, as far as identifying what the song is (the point of the original post)... we've all figured it out by now.

We have?
I think the only thing we've established so far is that it's not "Shipping Up To Boston." Not the original version by Dropkick Murphys anyway.

Then you didn't understand my last post... the song in the commercial is manufactured by whoever is producing the show to stick with the boston/irish theme. And was obviously inspired by the "Shipping up to Boston" song. If you are looking for an actual artist and song name than I wish you luck with that.

Back