The Matrix

Yavo

Reaction score
the song is on the Title Screen of The Matrix DVD. (the first one)

i've already got the original soundtrack, have scoured the net for this song, etc, but i can't find it, let alone a title.

and by "original matrix song" i meant the first movie ( to reduce confusion)

I know this is going back but i saw the matrix again and wanted to know if anyone knew the name of the song neo is listening too through his head phones while he is sleep on his keybord, it is right before he gets the message on his computer, thanks :

Try "Dissolved Girl" by Massive Attack on the Mezzanine CD.

You're welcome. ;) IMDb usually lists songs in the same order they're used in a movie including those not on the soundtrack.

I remember when I got the Matrix on DVD when it first came out and the song that plays during the menu had caught my attention.
I was on the net feveriously trying to look for this song but came to no conclusion.

I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone know what it is that plays.
It's techno / classical song mixed together. I don't know if it was made specifically for the DVD, but it sounded kinda cut up, so it leads me to believe there is a source to this music.
It's not Enigma's "Eyes of Truth".

If you are in fact talking about the main menu for the dvd (it runs on a loop), I'm almost certain it is the Enigma track, but I believe it was modified and put together specifically for the DVD. While the Eyes Of Truth is a long track, there's a piece somewhere in the middle that was used as is for the trailer of The Matrix (it was also used in the trailer for The Long Kiss Goodnight, in case you're interested). Now, having said all that, when you talk about it sounding techno/classical, it makes me think of Clubbed To Death by Rob D. That particular track appears in the film (the scene involving Morpheus and Neo and the first appearance of The Woman In The Red Dress), and it is also on the soundtrack. I hope this helps you in some fashion.

Yes, it is the looped music at the beginning.
I have Enigma's album featuring that song, and I know it was used in the trailer, but the vocal notes in the song are different than the ones in Eyes of Truth.
I know Rob D's song too, clubbed to death, but that's not it.

It's a technoish kinda tune with vocals. I know Eyes of Truth is within the same respect, but I know that's not it.
Thanks for replying though.

in the ORIGINAL matrix (ie not reloaded or revolutions), the DVD has a song playing during the main menu that is looped over and over again. what's the name of this song? is it by don davis, rob dougan?

thanks

hmmm, i've heard that song before, but somehow that doesn't sound like it...but maybe it is the song. it surely does sound like the same group/artist.
thanks for your help

The menu screen for (matrix Reloaded) is I'm Not Driving Anymore by Rob Dougan. I do not know the menu song for The very first matrix though.

I need names for two songs(Both from the first Matrix movie):
1) The song that is played when Morpheus and Neo have their sparring round in the beginning of the movie.
and 2) The song that is played right when Morpheus takes Neo into the matrix for the first time(this song ends when Morpheus picks up the phone and says "we're in")

Im new, and im already amazed at this site. So many songs are available here that, jeez, i really dont know what to say except thank you! :huh:

Question #2: "Prime Audio Soup" - Meat Beat Manifesto. You can hear a clip here, track 5.

The Morpheus vs. Neo song is called "Leave You Far Behind" - Lunatic Calm. Its on the Matrix soundtrack.

Hope that helps!

Back