American Dreams

burdnest

Reaction score
There was a song on an episode a few weeks ago that a guy sang in the bar that 'Beth' works in. One line i remember is "You've got to hide your lovely face/ways" It kind of reminded me of a James Taylor song. I don't know if it's real or just for the show.

I figured it out..."you've got to hide your love away" The Beatles of course. Sorry for wasting space.

not wasting space. thanks for coming back and letting us know! someone else might be looking for it too. :)

burdnest,

You have very keen ears! The reason it sounded like James Taylor is because the actor playing Cal on the show is James Taylor and Carly Simon's son, Ben. This is his first acting gig. I have been a fan of his since he sang "I Will" for the Bye Bye Love soundtrack. He has his own band called the Ben Taylor Band. One of the songs featured on American Dreams "Surround Me" can be found on their latest release "E.P. #1". You can find the info here

I hope they release a second American Dreams soundtrack featuring Ben's music and all the other artists that have appeared. Their music selection has definitely improved this season.

Thanks for the information...this is definitely a band that I will add to my collection!!!

Does anybody know the closing song of tonights American Dreams episode?, and also the closing song from the last episode of Life As We Know it.

Thank you.

Do you remember any lyrics from either song? Or any other descriptions -- genre/type, male/female vocals, etc.

I found one that might be from American Dreams: "Try A Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding. Audio sample available here, track 11. Could that be the one you're looking for?

I can't remember life as we know it, but the American dreams son kept repeating yesterday in the chorus.

Thank you.

Thanks for the replies, I found this on the Tome sight for American Dreams:

Credit goes to APBA65

This version of "Yesterday" is from Marvin Gaye. It was on his album "That's the Way Love Is", released Jan 8, 1970. Obviously, chosen for it's dramatic effect than trying to be period accurate. One of the best covers of any songs ever recorded (that I've heard).

And for Life As We Know It I believe this is the song that was played at the end:
"Breathe Me" by Sia

Thanks spiderbetty for the link.

Good Morning all,...hey, I heard a song on american dreams , and I think the name of it was "who blacked out the moon" , but cant find the artist.....it was a Female, playing acoustic guitar....can anyone help? THANKS!

The singer was Alanis Morissette playing a guest role on the show...dont know what the name of the song is though...could be an original she wrote...i would check nbc.com at the AD web page ...they usually list the music after about a week

I saw a track listing from the show, and the only song listed by Alanis was called "Offer" -- link goes to available audio sample. Also available for download from .

Could that be what you're looking for?

photorockprp: You've got to be talking about a song from the October 3 episode, called "Who Painted the Moon Black?" by Hayley Westenra, off her album "Pure". She sang an acoustic version when she guested on the AD episode. I downloaded the album version from the Real Player Music Store for .99. Hopefully she'll get more attention in the US now, b/c she has a really beautiful voice. Here's her info on IMDB

Hello,
RE: American Dreams that aired on November 07, 2004:

I found the closing song very beautiful, but can't think of the title/artist.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Texasmom

Lyrics? Male/female vocals? Genre? Anything else about it you can remember?

There are some very good songs in this episode, but there are 2 particular songs im looking for.

One is when the brother decides to leave vietnam. There's a song playing, a band, male singer, 60's/70's rock, & i actually forgot how it goes, but some of the lines are "I'm walking.." & "yeah i want to leave" or something. Sorry that was a very bad description.

The second one is when they get ready for him to come back home. It's very slow & melodic (sounds like simon & garfunkel i suppose?) it has the lines "Now that im older, i'm younger now(?)"

I've tried searching on the nbc site, but it seems they haven't updated the music list in recent episodes. So if anyone can help out, thank you in advance.

the second song is the Byrds version of the Dylan song "My Back Pages" (I was so much older then/ i'm younger than that now" did not get to see the other part, so i have no idea what song it was.

Back