Dead Like Me

GskidNcrueR

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song from the scene where Daisy takes Stan to a church? I've been on the show's messege board, but the song they mention doesn't seem to exist ("Nomah's Land" by Metisse). Many of the people on the board itself were questioning the song's existance and I was wondering if the song played is a different one than mentioned and if not where I can find the song mentioned. I hope that made some sense. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Oh and if this decription helps, it sounded like a female singer and it sounded like it could go on those "Pure Moods" albums (the ones with Enya and other pop chamber music). At the moment that's all I can think of to describe it. I hope it helps.

I looked around for some info on Metisse, and looks like they/she exist. A song of their's was used, in an older episode for Dead Like Me, called "Boom Boom Ba." I found their official site claiming that much, and it looks like they license a bunch of music to be used in advertising, tv, film, etc as well as make full length CDs. Anyway, you can see that info here. Maybe this song in question was just a short licensed song the show used? Either way, try emailing someone at that site and see if they can provide any more info. It's worth a shot.

well the song is whatever will be by doris day but the origignal song doesn't sound anything like the one used in dead like me it was slower and was very very mello with a lighter beat but it was still doris day so im wondering if they tweaked it a bit if so do they have a place to get the song ? HELP :(

So, I've been watching the DVD's of Season 1 -- since I just started watching the show with season 2 and wanted to catch up...

Anyway, "Boom Boom Ba" by Metisse is actually available on the soundtrack for THE NEXT BEST THING. Link goes to available audio sample - track 1. Really good song.

i need to find the theme song from a great show on Showtime called Dead Like Me.
Ive been searching everywhere for any music related to the show and have come up empty handed. the theme song is just instrumental, but there is another song played in almost every episode. the only words i can make out are......"can you hear my heart beat when ???"....and then im lost....any help would be appreciated.

The other song you are looking for is called 'Boom Boom Ba' by METISSE.

Listen to sample here (Track 1).

I am looking for the song at the very end of episode 10, season 1, of Dead Like Me. The song is playing in a car that drives by Roxy and she starts dancing to it. It sounds like an 80's dance song, but there are no lyrics that can really be made out, Thanks

Does anyone know the song that's playing where Daisy and the man are in the church? It's not english.

It's a new track by METISSE entitled 'Nomah's Land', as yet unreleased.

Hi

Does anyone know what the song is that was used in the 1st season, I think 5th or 6th episode where Daisy decides to jump with the dead Irish Birthday guy and she gives George her ring? The song is played afterwards while George is taking to Rube in the waffle restaurant and then in her room? And just before they roll the credits Rube puts a post it note on his door with "What Happened to Daisy" or something like that?

Hi.

Sorry, just went online to the official website. The episode I meant is called
"Reaping Havoc" and it's the 4th episode. It's the one where Daisy decides to
leap to the other side.

Song is not listed on website or in the credits.
Help!

Was that the same episode that ended with George and her scrapbook?

I know one of those episodes after she jumped played "Boom Boom Ba" by Metisse in 'em, but I don't recall hearing it in that one in particular.

Hi,

Yes, that was the episode. And I think Boom Boom Ba is the song I was looking for.
Thanks so much!

hi
im new to this site. I was just looking for that same song. thanks.
im a big dead like me fan. i just wanted to correct you on something.
Betty was the gurl who jumped into the open portal, not Daisy Adare. Daisy showed up the next episode because she was transfered from New Jersey. You probably don't care, but i thought i would just mention it anyway.

You know it's funny, the song Nomah's Land (Metisse) at the bottom of that list -- I had previously been looking for it for a good couple weeks, even attempted to get in touch with MGM. Eventually gave up when I was convinced that it was produced in house (mainly because it had the same vibe as -- yep, the Boom Boom Ba song.)

Thanks a million.

That wasn't Daisy that jumped. Daisy came in the second season. It was Betty in the first.

Originally posted by Steve135Ca@Nov 3 2005, 01:16 PM
Was that the same episode that ended with George and her scrapbook?

I know one of those episodes after she jumped played "Boom Boom Ba" by Metisse in 'em, but I don't recall hearing it in that one in particular.
Get it at Amazon.

For what it's worth, for the record, for your information.

;)

Back