Family Guy Season 5

LazyD

Reaction score
Whats that disco like song playing while Peter and his friends are rollerblading and doing all those moves?

What is the song where brian, stewie and the platoon are running and chanting about musicals? Err... the Mambo dance number...

Thanks,
Marc

I believe you're referring to the song from West Side Story. I don't remember which song it was though. But I know it was from West Side Story.

What was the song that stewie sang to brian after brian tried to break up with his girlfriend but instead had sex with her. Stewie said, "brian had sex, with a beautiful girl, now hes taking stewie to the ice cream parlor, in his car." Anyone know???

There was already a recent thread about "Cars" by Gary Numan (which was also redone by Fear Factory).

If it was the real thing (I'd have to hear it again, they do great one-offs) it is from West Side Story like sassy said. On the soundtrack it's part of the 9 1/2 minute track titled "Dance at the Gym" which is really more of a five song medley. My cd isn't exactly new, but apparently the Mambo section of the song was not originally included in that medley but I think you'd have to dig up a pretty old copy of the soundtrack (like my mom's vinyl) for it not to be included. :unsure:

who sings that 80's rock song on this week's family guy

it's during a flashback seen with the cheetos cheetah doing lines of chhesse like it's

coke. i remember the song but no clue who sings it

Erm... was there supposed to be an answer in jffodom's post somewhere? I don't get it.

The song is "Tom Sawyer" by Rush. I had actually never heard of this group before I read your question, but the answer is listed on TV.com. Also, the parody version of Chester Cheetah mentions how great a drummer Neil Peart is, and Rush is his band.

In the Family Guy episode Hell Comes to Quahog where Peter and his friends drive to the roller rink and start drinking instead of picking up Meg. They begin dancing to a techno/disco version of beethoven's 5th symphony. Does anyone know who did that techno/disco piece? Or where to get a clip of them dancing.

See: Beethoven's Fifth Symphony in popular culture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beethoven'...popular_culture

I thought it might be the short passage that appeared in the 1970s disco medley "Hooked on Classics 1"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000063T50/?tag=adtunes-20

but maybe it's a disco version, called "A Fifth of Beethoven," made by Walter Murphy during the disco era of the 1970s. This version was featured in the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000001FDV/?tag=adtunes-20

:ph34r:

It's "A Fifth of Beethoven" by Walter Murphy. The scene was a parody of "Saturday Night Fever." Walter Murphy currently composes music for "Family Guy."

And if you like having lyrics with your funky disco beats, try Thicke's "When I Get You Alone." It's to the tune of "A Fifth of Beethoven."

I believe that the song that was being played in this segment was like a disco version of Für Elise, and I was curious if anyone here happened to know the actual name of this remix/remake/dance version. If you can help me, that would be great ^_^

NOTE: It may have not been Für Elise, I'm just pretty sure that was what the melody was, or so my memory tells me ^^;

I'm not so sure about the West Side Story Movie soundtrack, but on the Original Broadway Cast (Which rocks) it's titled "Mambo (Meno Presto)". And it's just the same.

What's the name of the song and artist who played the song during the part when Stewie is looking at that painting in the art museum when he though he was going to die of cancer? If it helps...it sounded classical if i remember correctly...

Back