Violin mixes

Classic Beauty

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Know any songs that have been remixed with violins and other strings thrown in? Either house or nu soul/r&b genres tho. Name any songs in those two genres that have string instruments going on. Fast or normal paced. There can be other music/sound backing it, just as long as there is violin/string accompaniment. Please? Thanks!

only one coming to mind right now is

Mark Ronson - Ooh Wee

the violin part is just sticks out so strong, y'know. makes it like disconess or somethin. :D

The Vitamin String Quartet covers popular bands' songs into intrumental strings. Bands like Fall Out Boy, U2, Panic! At The Disco, Coldplay, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Nirvana....the list goes on.

Thought of someone else ...

Howzabout ...

Miri Ben-Ari ... aka the Hip Hop Violinist

Enjoy!
There you go.

:lol:

ALSO!

The Gotan Project

They have a latin twist. It's not AS string-y ( :rolleyes: ) as the other bands, but their music is good. It depends on the songs you find.

yeah, this is kinda out there...

but if you're into rap, try "Still Tippin'" by Mike Jones.

Try "Keep It In the Family" by Hybrid... it's a cool techno/violin mix. Hope that helps! :)

Anyone know some songs that have the same style of sound as "Sensitivity" by The Shapeshifters? There's a violin going through it in a hip, house way and at the end there's a big solo.

Bon Jovi just did an unplugged concert for VH1/CMT and they included a violinist. and they covered several other peoples songs

oh yeah...

i just remembered the group: The Corrs.

they play violins and have pretty cool music.
they made a semi-popular song called "Breathless"

...anyway, just thought i'd let u know, in case ur still searchin'. :D

Somebody I just stumbled onto ...

Her Space Holiday - CD: The Young Machines (2003)
-"My Girlfriend's Boyfriend"
-"Tech Romance"

These songs have sections of hip-hop beats with violins/strings that are cool ...

Enjoy!
There you go.

Back