Residence Inn by Marriott commercials

fob

Reaction score
It's a lady that walks into her house and starts doing all these gymnastics tricks with a green apple on her kitchen counter (WTF!?).

The song is very familiar, but I only caught the end of it cause I had the TV muted.

I saw it yesterday for the first time and it immediately grabbed my attention as something I've listened to a lot in the recent past. It's driving me nuts! I'll keep narrowing down.

There's a nice strings instrumental behind a commercial of a lady dancing/floating across a hotel room using flowing red curtains to fly. It sounds faintly classical/avant garde classical, but I get the impression that I've heard it before as the intro a rock piece. Any ideas?

Thanks Johnny.

I knew I had heard it somewhere.

Simple X is such a brilliant song.

Originally posted by Danie450@Jun 23 2007, 09:45 AM
is this the same song as the guy spinning the plates
un uh... pretty sure it's someone else. Maybe a little more obscure although Andrew Bird isn't exactly Top 40.

i just saw it a few minutes ago and if we're talking about the same one, then it's andrew bird's song imitosis from his new album armchair apocrypha.

Hey all! The song in this commercial is "Banking on a Myth" by Andrew Bird.

IT IS ANDREW BIRD!!! However, it is not Imitosis. The song is Banking On A Myth from his album The Mysterious Production Of Eggs. They do have similar qualities, so the confusion is warranted.

Originally posted by Johnny Smoke+Jun 22 2007, 07:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Johnny Smoke @ Jun 22 2007, 07:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Found it. It's Andrew Bird's – Imitosis on his Armchair Apocrypha album [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-emackind
@Jun 27 2007, 04:56 PM
Hey all! The song in this commercial is "Banking on a Myth" by Andrew Bird. [/quote]
:blink: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :blink:

Can we make up our minds please?

<_<

Originally posted by doctormemory@Jun 27 2007, 08:31 PM
Can we make up our minds please?
I merged the two threads about two different commercials in the same campaign to keep them together -- unless we suddenly get a run on new/different Residence Inn commercials.

All the ads are up on youtube. Here's the rundown (I'm a hardcore andrew bird fan):

Balance: Imitosis (from Armchair Apocrypha)
Plate Spinner: Banking on a Myth (from the Mysterious Production of Eggs)
Fire Breather: Skin, Is My (from the Mysterious Production of Eggs)
Trapeze: untitled (from the Mysterious Production of Eggs)

I think these ads are pretty good personally, a bit artsy. Ironically enough, I have a summer job at Residence Inn. I blogged a bit about the new ads here if you want some more info.

Does anyone know the Brand, Model, etc of the shoe the model/gymnast is wearing? My daughter needs to know.

not to be a supérgeek but i noticed that at the very very beginning of the "trapeze" commercial, it's a short short snippet of the intro to "weather systems" from bird's album "weather systems" and then it goes into "/=/" from "mpoe". :)

and the version of "skin, is my" is "skin" from weather systems. :nerd:alert, i know~!

Back