Discovery HD Theater

tv_junkie

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song that plays in the background on the Discovery HD Theater commercial that advertises a bunch of HD programs? :huh:
At the end of the commerical the announcer says "brought to you by Toshiba..."

The lyrics:
Oh another day I'm still close to you. Another day, I'm still loving you...

Or something like that! :blink:

PLEASE HELP!

This commercial is very recent, I'm not sure if it's still playing at the moment though. It's an epic, for lack of descriptive aptitude, song sung by a woman that, from memory, advertises a bunch of the Discovery Channel's shows. I did search the site beforehand, but didn't come up with anything.

it's not Morcheeba or Coldplay. This is the most recent commercial on Discovery Channel HD wich mentions some of their new shows like "the sinking of the Lusitania" etc...

it's a woman saying something like...

.. be with you

.. me and you

the one I'm looking for is the most recent Discovery Channel promo for a few shows like "Game Generation" "sinking the Lusitania" and "Paris 2010"
words go something like

Another day...

for

Me and you...

(it's not Morcheeba or Coldplay)

???

Sounds like it could possibly be portishead, but I have to listen again.

i've been looking for this too. it does sound like portishead, but i've never heard this particular song before.

It is looking like this is Morcheeba and this particular song will be released in Sept on her new album "Deep Dive" but i can not verify that yet. This song is also part of a renault clio commercial and the rainbow six: vegas video game in which their is a tag line that reads "used by permission of Morcheeba" or something like that.

Wonders never cease lyrics:

What do you feel
When you let go of the wheel
Can you take a leap of faith
Will you face the change of pace
There are worlds out there
Beyond compare

Going on a journey
Somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you
Wonders never cease

All that we’ve been through
Brings my soul so close to you
Why not cast your fears aside
We can laugh until we cry
There are worlds out there
Beyond compare

Going on a journey
Somewhere far out east
We’ll find the time to show you
Wonders never cease
Going on a journey
Somewhere far out east
We’ll find the time to show you
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease
Wonders never cease

NEW HD commercial lyrics:

Another day for me and you
Every day look at you
Another day I'm close to you
Every day that I feel blue
Oh what you gonna do?
I'm still loving you
Oh what you gonna do?
I'm still loving you

You are thinking of the May promo commercial which DID have the Morcheeba Wonders never Cease song in it.

Thanks anyways!

"Vegas, Baby" by David Holmes & Stephen Hilton is a song that I have found listed and have found it -- not the one. :angry:

I think it must be Library music that is licenesed out to the TV stations etc.

it's NOT Morcheeba. I've listened to it and that's not it. It might be Portishead...

And the answer is:

"An Other Way" composed by "Etyl" composed by "Klooz"

Discovery HD Theater July 2007 "You're Beautiful"

Commercials for Discovery HD Theater's slate of July programming in the U.S. has an alternative style song with the lyrics:

'I like to look at you, when you're lookin at me. I like to look at you, when you're watching TV. I like to look at you, cuz it's good for my soul. You're beautiful. Upstairs, downstairs, anywhere, who cares - you're beautiful...'

As far as I have been able to determine, this song is not titled any of the following - 'I like to look at you', 'good for my soul', 'You're beautiful', or 'Upstairs, downstairs'.

This song is also used in the Fox Reality TV commercial, so it can't be that obscure; but I've had this query posted on the 'ask the expert' forum at Discovery HDtheater for a week and the only replies I've had are from other searchers who are also coming up empty.

Hep me!

Doc, you've saved me from having to admit my first defeat as an internet searcher. Without ever having intended to, I had apparently gotten a reputation among my small group of family and friends - that there was no question to which I couldn't find an answer (or several answers) by searching the internet.

Thanks also to Aj at splendad.com for revealing to origin of this music.

CWR

:D

I too am greatful to AJ.

I now have the song title listed as "Look at You" by DJ Chunk.

Good luck with your internet reputation. If you like, you can borrow my Search Engine Ranger badge.

B)

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for the song is played on a Discovery HD Theatre Channel. It's a spot where Discovery CH shows preview from different shows'up coming seasons. The background music is fkn' great!. Some of the lyrics say "I love the way you look at me....."

Anybody follows?

BR

Hector.

I was googling around for the same song Hectoraguilar, no luck!

@Doc, no its not.

Its a promo "whats coming" for Feb. by Discovery HD, and that song is so sweet.

Lyrics somthing like this (from the top of my head);

the day that you were born
you had a smile so bright and sunny
and every time you laugh
your sounds alway warm and sunny??

what do I know.........I do, I do, I do

I love the way you look at me
I love the way that you look
everytime, that we meet
when we walk down the street
I love the way you look at me...with love. :p

Someone must know this song. Someone..