Volkswagen VW

headchange4u

Reaction score
I wanted to know the artist that's in the new VW commercial where a guy is towing the little white VW car, He ends up get in the car to check it out before he tows it.

It was a male singer. Here are the lyrics:

Is that the thanks for loving you,
I that the thanks I get for telling the truth
You say you wanna know
where I go when I go........

Is that a studio version though? The only version of that track that I have, is the live one from Jeff Tweedy's Sunken Treasure DVD. I was expecting it on Sky Blue Sky...but it's not there? Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
Greg

Does anyone know the name of the song from the 2007 VW Rabbit commercial featuring two guys on a test-drive with the salesman in the backseat?

The guy in the passenger seat plugs in an iPod and a song comes on the car stereo. I can make out song lyrics of "start it again" and the whole song has nice retro-style guitar lick.

If anybody has any clues, I'd be grateful. I've ruled out Wilco's Sky Blue Sky album, and it's not that Birds and the Bees song.

Originally posted by aduke@Jul 1 2007, 08:48 PM
[snip] I can make out song lyrics of "start it again" and the whole song has nice retro-style guitar lick. [snip]
I don't know what 'retro-style' or 'guitar lick' mean but google has suggestions for the lyrics "
start it again:

:unsure: :blink: :rolleyes: B)

SOLVED:

This song is "The Thanks I Get" by Wilco. It was a single. I called VW and they were able to look it up for me.

Originally posted by Art Vandalay@Jul 1 2007, 09:11 PM
oh wait. that was the Jetta commercial...sorry.
I was looking for the that Jetta commercial song.....anyone know it?

Originally posted by nv00021+Jul 4 2007, 06:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nv00021 @ Jul 4 2007, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Art Vandalay@Jul 1 2007, 09:11 PM
oh wait. that was the Jetta commercial...sorry.
I was looking for the that Jetta commercial song.....anyone know it? [/b][/quote]
http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=284645

or

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=283697
:blink:

I'm looking for a really great song in that volkswagon commercial where two guys get in a blue GTI and they ask whats different about this car, then find a mp3 jack and start blasting music. they keep driving through the city and at the end it says"it gets into you"

thanks for your help

thanks that might be it.
but its really fast paced, and practiacally no lyrics, unfortunately, at the part they played.

The guy in the front passenger seat asks if there's an mp3 player, the mussic kicks in and...who is it? Something tells me it's Wilco, but the "snip" is to short. Any ideas?

I'm trying to id the song in the ad where the tow truck guy sits in the Honda and instead of towing it, he just moves it past the yellow line....help please?

Back