Farmers Insurance HelpPoint

Sounds like Philip Glass!

Funny...I was watching tv just now when this commercial came on and thought "hey! I should check adtunes for a thread on this" -- its almost a miracle haha

Someone must know! I can only guess!

Originally posted by timpren@May 17 2007, 11:19 PM
What is the music used in the new Farmers Insurance Helppoint Ad?

I would like to know the name and artist of this instrumental as well. Thanks

Does anyone know the artist of the music in the new Farmer's Insurance Help-point commercial? The commercial is of a woman being blown around in different scenes by the wind. The music itself has no words and is a set of tones or notes.

It's either Philip Glass or Michael Stern. I was actually coming here to figure out which song it was, because I know it's from one of these three movies: Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqatsi, or Baraka (The first two being Glass, third one being Stern). Check Koyaanisqatsi first, I *believe* it's the final song on that soundtrack.

I found the Philip Glass song Koyaanisqatsi and it sounds similar, but in a different tune. Perhaps the commercial uses a remake?

This has been plaguing me for. . .well, a few days, and finding this thread has been a huge help. Though I still wish I had the exact version the commercial uses.

Yeah, I don't think it really is Koyaanisqatsi. They sound similar, but not exactly. Isn't there some place on the internet where they officially list stuff like this?

alright, this is not on the koyaanisqatsi soundtrack, original or reissue. Resource is another phasing song, just like the rest on the album, and the song in the commercial is not a phasing/looping song. I'll check some more Glass and Stern albums and find this out.

i can't edit posts, but now listening to the commercial song once more, I'm starting to doubt this is Glass or Stern. Stern is much more into piano minimalism, and Glass always uses phasing, and with that, I also eliminate Steve Reich and Michael Nyman. This is starting to get annoying haha

I just saw another version of this ad, with a different song...agh, it's driving me crazy! Sorry I don't have a link, but this ad has a grown couple living on the streets i.e. a man uses a car mirror to shave, and they sleep on mattresses in a mattress store.

-NC

The director of this commercial Noam Murro has made many great commercials. I haven't been successful in finding the music for this latest commercial, but perhaps knowing the directors name and some other information concerning the ad might further assist someone else.

Farmers Insurance Commercial "Head Wind"
Starring Peipei "Peppa" Yuan
Directed by Noam Murro
Emotional Disruption Campaign April 2007
Campbell Ewald Associates
Biscuit Films

Check out his other commercials at Biscuit Filmworks

http://www.biscuitfilmworks.com/

I really like "Night Drive" for VW. Featuring the Cliff Martinez track, "Don't Blow It, from the motion picture "Solaris".

eureka!

You know ever since seeing that first ad about the fire damage, ie the homeless couple trying to live through the city, my mind was going crazy not just at the tune itself but also the slight inkling that I know i've heard this before too!

and shortly after seeing some *helpful* messages above, did do some research on philip glass music its on this site http://www.last.fm/music/Philip+Glass/_/Resource

and the proper song title is resources.

Ok so step 1..i knew the composer..but still the mind troubled me..and a few days later, I had the time looked him up on imdb and sure enough there it was....

THE TRUMAN SHOW!

anyone remember that ? ;)

now if i could only only get some help on a very very old lexus commercial, (they didnt have youtube back in those days :( )
but in case anybody wants to go on another music chase, it was some abstract, artistic commercial about how the people at lexus are building the lexus like parents raise a child, complete with a monologue and such.

It goes on to say stuff and then ends something with you let them go and the music on that ad...it was fitting beyond belief..a very good composition..hoping anyone has a clue what i'm talking bout...circa 2001-2005??

What are you people smoking? I've heard the "Resources" clip and unless it takes a dramatic turn somewhere in the arangement, the 30 second clip might as well be the Star Spangled Banner. At least I didn't hear enough to buy the CD. The ad in question is titled "Morning Ritual" and stars Nick Santoro (Nick(at)NickSantoro.com). I emailed him but got no response. Maybe if we all... This is the one with the couple getting ready in the morning while out in public; bathing in a fountain, shaving in the window of a car, sleeping in a mattress store etc. It was posted for viewing on the Farmers media page. Have you heard the ad in surround? The bass comes in right at the mattress scene. Awesome! Alas, I still don't know who did the music. :(

Still no. I'm thinking it's old classical, like Bach with organ or something.

Back