Walmart "Walk for Miracles"

dvincent

Reaction score
Walmart "Walk for Miracles"

As so many here, you sign up because a song haunts you. Well, here is mine. Walmart has a new commercial for Walk for Miracles. The scene shows a woman running back and forth chasing a child, on all fours with a child on her back and one of the lines is "I can't get rid of your thirst but I can lead you to the sea" The song is lovely and haunting. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a bunch!!

Danielle

I second this one. This is one of those songs thats like oatmeal, just sticks with you all day. Love to know what it is.

ahh, I third this request. I've been googling the lyrics of that tune to no avail. googling did lead me here however so I'll keep keen ears and eyes with both of you. It's haunting for sure.

Now to find out who sings that song in the latest commercial for the Bay! I'm glad I ran across this forum, it'll provide some sweet relief to my incessant humming.

I've been digging for this one too. The lyrics are beautiful but I can't find any info. I've checked the walkformiracles.ca site but NOTHING.

You're right, googling has turned up nothing for me either. I hope there's a genius out there somewhere. :)

IAlso, I just thoguth of this. I'm in Canada - not sure if there's a different campaine in CA vs. the US.

Here's the teeny bit of the lyrics I've managed to catch:

"No darling I cannon t take your thirst away
but I can show you to the sea.

When you are walking on your path..."

It's really lovely. I hope someone can find it.

I got up and went to the Kitchen during the commercial break...and this song came on and i couldn't help but come back and see who was singing it. Its a beautiful song. I'm glad to know someone figured it out - Justin Hines..very cool. I will put it on my list for next time i'm in HMV.

Hello,

Someone brought this forum thread to my attention and I felt like I should reply.

My name is Justin Hines and I'm the singer/songwriter of the song "Wish You Well" which is currently being featured on Wal-Mart ads for the "Walk For Miracles" charity event.

I really appreciate the warm replies from everyone and I just wanted to mention that my album "Sides" will be released in Canada on August 21st in stores everywhere and online. In the meantime, check out www.myspace.com/justinhines for updates.

Again, thank you so much for your interest and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Justin Hines

I guess it's a case of artistic license, but sea water won't be much good to a thirsty person. Drinking salt water is a sure way to dehydration. ;)

Originally posted by JustinHinesOrange@May 26 2007, 09:23 PM
Hello,

Someone brought this forum thread to my attention and I felt like I should reply.

My name is Justin Hines and I'm the singer/songwriter of the song "Wish You Well" which is currently being featured on Wal-Mart ads for the "Walk For Miracles" charity event.

I really appreciate the warm replies from everyone and I just wanted to mention that my album "Sides" will be released in Canada on August 21st in stores everywhere and online. In the meantime, check out www.myspace.com/justinhines for updates.

Again, thank you so much for your interest and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Justin Hines
It has been a long time since I've looked forward to a CD release but yours is certainly one that I am anxious to get a hold of. I listened to the tracks on your MySpace page and am very glad this isn't the only good song you have. There are far too many 1-hit wonders being manufactured today.

When I first heard the song on the commercial, I started looking for songs by James Taylor because it was the closest comparison I could think of. I can hear the influence, but you are certainly no imitation of James Taylor.

I really hope this song (at least) takes off for you. It is a truly great effort.

All the Best,
-AJ

I absolutly love the song.

Justin you are amazing.. the song was haunting me for weeks and I'm so glad I fianlly found it.

I listend to his myspace page and I cant wait to go buy the album!

Its great to hear a Canadian artist!

Way to go Justin!!!

Keep up the awesome music

Think me cynical, but "darling, I can't take your thirst away but I can lead you to the sea" is not poetic - think about it - if your loved one were thirsty, would you lead them to the SEA? A body of salt water that cannot quench your thirst and will kill you if you drink it? I suppose that someone will claim that it is a metaphor for "unrequited love" but to me, it seems like unthinking joining of two superficially similar items "thirst" and "sea". Bad poetry.

^
THANK YOU...I was beginning to think I was the only person who actually understood that salt water does nothing to "take your thirst away".

What an embarrassingly poor lyric.

Back